Dallas: EAD appointment is in office other than DORA office?

Francois

Registered Users (C)
Hi, there!

Folks, through USCIS hotline I've just made an appointment for EAD in Dallas for Sep-08. But the address (8101 N Stemmons) seems to be different from the office the DORA interview was at (3010 N Stemmons). Is it ok? Doesn't matter?

Take care and have a speedy case processing!

Fp

Hi Francois,

Had a question, if you could answer.
I see that you have ur FP more than a month after ur DORA interview.
Did u wait for the letter from INS giving instructions for FP or you did a walk in. I am also waiting for the FP. I applied on 25th July and had the interview, but till now no letter for FP.
Would appreciate ur answer.

Best Wishes,
Applicant2005

I called to make the appointment the very same day I received Notice of Action (FP letter). I looked forward for the FP. But, you know, I was very disappointed when I got there: Nobody checks whether you have appointment or not. I did it at Support Center at Bacham Lake Mall. My advise for you is to go there ASAP without any appointments. They need your ID, that's all - no proof of appointment.

Best luck and this shoud work. That's the only way to get AoS in 90 days or less. Don't make my mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you can go get your FP taken even before you receive the NOA for it?
Why do you think it's taking so long with your case?
Sorry I'm asking all these questions, but I just finished filling in all of my forms and, living in the Dallas area, I'm thinking about choosing the DORA path...but looking at your timeline it's a little discouraging! :(
I'm thinking it might be better to just mail everything to Chicago and follow the regular path. :confused:

Good luck, and hope you get good news soon!

Dreamer_tx said:
So, you can go get your FP taken even before you receive the NOA for it?
Why do you think it's taking so long with your case?
Sorry I'm asking all these questions, but I just finished filling in all of my forms and, living in the Dallas area, I'm thinking about choosing the DORA path...but looking at your timeline it's a little discouraging! :(
I'm thinking it might be better to just mail everything to Chicago and follow the regular path. :confused:

Good luck, and hope you get good news soon!
No, you would need NoA since they (FP guys) put red-ink stamp with date you are fingerprinted on that paper. NoA would be issued normally in 5 days after DORA interview.

It takes long because of FBI checks of your identity. But I (as well as thousands of other DORA participants) lost 30 days just by doing process in legal way. I (as well as thousands of other people)just didn't know that a lot of people come in in FP centers and get what they want without fuss. Because people who come in there in 40% of cases would be mothers or fathers with plenty of kids - it would explain why other thousands should wait 30-40 days in line for FP.

Dear Texan Dreamer,despite all of these long-boiling cases, there is no better path of AoS in this country. Mail process won't be short at all. Yes, it's 100 days from the beginning of my case, but it's still nothing in comparison to years people wait on "Mail" AoS process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Francois (btw, are you from France? I'm from Italy),
thank you for your reply and your nice words...you're right, I've been reading a few posts on the DORA threads (also older ones) and I'm more and more convinced this is the path I will choose.
Thank you so much, let's keep in touch! :)

Francois said:
Hi, there!

Folks, through USCIS hotline I've just made an appointment for EAD in Dallas for Sep-08. But the address (8101 N Stemmons) seems to be different from the office the DORA interview was at (3010 N Stemmons). Is it ok? Doesn't matter?

Take care and have a speedy case processing!

Francois,

These are two separate buildings. However, both are on Stemmons (I-35). The one you went for DORA interview was on the North bound side whereas the one for EAD is on the South bound side. Its the red brick building with US flags by the entrance.

Dreamer_tx said:
Dear Francois (btw, are you from France? I'm from Italy),
thank you for your reply and your nice words...you're right, I've been reading a few posts on the DORA threads (also older ones) and I'm more and more convinced this is the path I will choose.
Thank you so much, let's keep in touch! :)
Dreamer TX,

You can go ahead and apply through DORA. If your case is not processed in 70 days, you will get a letter to come and apply for EAD and AP. However, I have seen a few cases where the 70 day letter was not sent. If you receive the letter, you can go in at the stated date and get your EAD and AP on the same day. Just make sure you have an unexpired passport.

On the other hand, if you want to be absolutly certain that you will get your AP and EAD, apply through Chicago box office. This way, the uncertainty of getting the case approved within 90 days is removed and you will atleast get your EAD and AP in 30 days. Just my two cents...please act as you like.

Eric,

you understood my problem 100%, so thank you so much for your answer!
The thing is, I pretty much HAVE to go back to my country in dec: beside wishing to spend Xmas with my family (they're very religious, so that's a pretty big deal), I also have the church reserved for MY WEDDING in Italy in dec! So, I really can't miss that. It took forever to get a wedding date with that church, and it's pretty impossible to cancel.
Of course we're already married here in the US (just a civil marriage, we got married in a court house with no family around) but we have our religious one reserved there, and my whole huge family will attend it.

I'm very confused. :confused: I have my appointment with DORA in a couple of day, but I'm really thinking it'd be better if I just mailed everything and wait for my AP to come, so I can leave.
Is there any way I could apply for AP before the 70th day letter, or before the 90 days are passed?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP guys, you're really all I have right now.
I called the 1-800 # so many times, but I get different answers all the time, seems like they're not even informed on the DORA rules. :(
Thanks again...I'll let you know.

Hi...me again.
I posted this in another thread already, but I wanted to get you guys' opinion...on the USCIS site I found this about the DORA:

"NOTE: You may file an Application for Employment or Travel Document at any point during the processing of your application if an emergency arises and you feel the need to apply for either or both. You will have to pay the fee associated with each of those applications."

Do you think I can apply for AP "at any point", like they say?
Thank you again, and sorry for asking so many questions...but I'm so scared and confused, right now! :( :confused:

Dreamer_tx said:
Eric,

you understood my problem 100%, so thank you so much for your answer!
The thing is, I pretty much HAVE to go back to my country in dec: beside wishing to spend Xmas with my family (they're very religious, so that's a pretty big deal), I also have the church reserved for MY WEDDING in Italy in dec! So, I really can't miss that. It took forever to get a wedding date with that church, and it's pretty impossible to cancel.
Of course we're already married here in the US (just a civil marriage, we got married in a court house with no family around) but we have our religious one reserved there, and my whole huge family will attend it.

I'm very confused. :confused: I have my appointment with DORA in a couple of day, but I'm really thinking it'd be better if I just mailed everything and wait for my AP to come, so I can leave.
Is there any way I could apply for AP before the 70th day letter, or before the 90 days are passed?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP guys, you're really all I have right now.
I called the 1-800 # so many times, but I get different answers all the time, seems like they're not even informed on the DORA rules. :(
Thanks again...I'll let you know.
Dreamer TX,

DORA works…especially if you are from a European country. I have seen people whose application was approved in 60 days but I also know people waiting for FBI background checks to be complete since June 2004. There are several people who did not receive their 70th day letter. A few of them were able to walk in and convince the immigration officer to issue them AP and EAD while others had hard time getting through them. A very few representatives at the USCIS customer service know about DORA, therefore, when you call them they come up with answers instead of giving you factual answers.

It all boils down to how much risk you are willing to take? If I were you and to attend the wedding in December was an absolute necessity, I would go the regular way and at least be guaranteed that I will be able to travel. What if you don’t get your 70th day letter? What will you tell the immigration officer? I am going to Italy to umm…attend my own wedding? Uh…aren’t you supposed to be married already? Yeah I understand that it’s a religious wedding and the civil marriage is already done but it may be hard to convince culture deprived USCIS immigration officers.

In the end, it’s your call. I play my game safe and would go the long route if I am certain to reach the destination. Remember, if your case is screwed once with the USCIS, it take a very long time to get things straighten out.

Whatever route you take, please make sure you assign someone to check your mail here in the US. USCIS may just send a request for further evidence or some other mail that may need to be responded ASAP.

Good Luck and congratulations on your wedding.

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
Dreamer TX,

DORA works…especially if you are from a European country. I have seen people whose application was approved in 60 days but I also know people waiting for FBI background checks to be complete since June 2004. There are several people who did not receive their 70th day letter. A few of them were able to walk in and convince the immigration officer to issue them AP and EAD while others had hard time getting through them. A very few representatives at the USCIS customer service know about DORA, therefore, when you call them they come up with answers instead of giving you factual answers.

It all boils down to how much risk you are willing to take? If I were you and to attend the wedding in December was an absolute necessity, I would go the regular way and at least be guaranteed that I will be able to travel. What if you don’t get your 70th day letter? What will you tell the immigration officer? I am going to Italy to umm…attend my own wedding? Uh…aren’t you supposed to be married already? Yeah I understand that it’s a religious wedding and the civil marriage is already done but it may be hard to convince culture deprived USCIS immigration officers.

In the end, it’s your call. I play my game safe and would go the long route if I am certain to reach the destination. Remember, if your case is screwed once with the USCIS, it take a very long time to get things straighten out.

Whatever route you take, please make sure you assign someone to check your mail here in the US. USCIS may just send a request for further evidence or some other mail that may need to be responded ASAP.

Good Luck and congratulations on your wedding.

Eric

I like your advice. Way to go :)

Dora

Dear EricNeesGC
I am just curios about what makes you think that DORA better if you are from a Europe. I ve red in this forum that the fastest approval was from a guy from Lebanon ( 60 days ).

Hope you ll receive some good news soon :)

k1_visa said:
Dear EricNeesGC
I am just curios about what makes you think that DORA better if you are from a Europe. I ve red in this forum that the fastest approval was from a guy from Lebanon ( 60 days ).

Hope you ll receive some good news soon :)
Agreed...but tell me. How many people from Middle East have received approval in 60 days? Now read the forum again and tell me how many people from Europe were processed within 90 or 100 days?

EricNeesGC said:
Agreed...but tell me. How many people from Middle East have received approval in 60 days? Now read the forum again and tell me how many people from Europe were processed within 90 or 100 days?

Well, yes, you have a point there.
I am not from Europe nor from Middle East. I ' m Argentinean so i don't really know if i am considered a second class applicant.

Anyway, it will be intresting if you can enlight me why the FP clearence takes so long in some cases. It's really confussed what they do with our FP/Bio. I find silly that the Intelligence Task takes places while you are in the U.S. i mean, it doesn't make any sense since you can enter legally into America soil and you could never apply for Adjustment of Status.

I am wondering what the American Embassy does in our native countries... Dont they check our backround in that stage in the very begining of this process? and more... don't we have a background check at the port of entry ( airport)?

Maybe you can tell me why a 3 erd background check is needed ...

Thanks and hope everything goes fine with you. Best of lucks.-

k1_visa said:
Well, yes, you have a point there.
I am not from Europe nor from Middle East. I ' m Argentinean so i don't really know if i am considered a second class applicant.

Anyway, it will be intresting if you can enlight me why the FP clearence takes so long in some cases. It's really confussed what they do with our FP/Bio. I find silly that the Intelligence Task takes places while you are in the U.S. i mean, it doesn't make any sense since you can enter legally into America soil and you could never apply for Adjustment of Status.

I am wondering what the American Embassy does in our native countries... Dont they check our backround in that stage in the very begining of this process? and more... don't we have a background check at the port of entry ( airport)?

Maybe you can tell me why a 3 erd background check is needed ...

Thanks and hope everything goes fine with you. Best of lucks.-
I am not sure what the average processing time is for a South American citizen. I am also not sure what the name check process involves and how they carry it out. FBI is known to have information of a lowland tribe man in a remote place in Timbaktu then how come they cannot find out my information in 3 months? This is beyond my understanding. If they try to check something in my home country, obviously they will not find anything. My country does not actively collect information on minors and I was had just turned adult when I moved to US.

I tried to ask Senators and Congressmen but they are also clueless. There congressional testimony by Agent Garrity but I don't know how much truth it holds. Here is the link for your reference http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm