Dad's second B2 visa rejected (approved for Mom)

Requesting guidance on how to proceed on the below scenario:

Parents' first B2 visa was approved for 10 years in 2004 and they visited here twice. They stayed less than 6 months during their visits. We applied for their visa renewal in Jan 2019 and Mom's got approved right away with the "interview waiver" and she did not had to go to the consulate.

Dad's interview waiver was rejected (221g) and was written - "Please bring resume and educational credentials", "You must appear for an interview with consular officer". We put together a Resume for Dad and collected his diploma certificates and school certificates. At the consulate, officer did not ask any questions and rejected it.

On the DS-160, we said that Dad did not attend college. I am not sure if that could be a reason for asking Resume and educational credentials. I still do not know what was the real rejection reason.

I would like to apply for his visa again. Would you advise if I should get assistance from a law firm and what steps I can take to make sure that the visa does not get rejected again. Thank you very much!

What country?
what field does/did your dad work in?
sounds like a possible security concern, especially if your parents are from a country seen as a security risk.

”Government” can mean anything from a clerk stamping forms to working on classified nuclear or defense projects...

on retired... are you a us citizen? Do your parents have strong ties home?

It could be that they want to rule out if he might potentially look out for job by looking at resume and skills set.

”Government” can mean anything from a clerk stamping forms to working on classified nuclear or defense projects...

on retired... are you a us citizen? Do your parents have strong ties home?

Sure, his job didn't involve anything related to security / defense and was similar to a bookkeeping job at a bank.

I am a Green Card holder. Our home and land are registered in my Dad's name. One of my sister lives in California and the other lives in Toronto.

Do you think taking the help from a knowledgeable attorney can help or do you have any advices? Thanks again for the response.

I’d be surprised if they were worried he was looking for work, that’s not usually why they request resume for B visa cases. Is your sister in California a citizen?
I am not sure given what you've said why he was rejected, especially as your mom was approved, what was the statute number given (example 214b)?

I’d be surprised if they were worried he was looking for work, that’s not usually why they request resume for B visa cases. Is your sister in California a citizen?
I am not sure given what you've said why he was rejected, especially as your mom was approved, what was the statute number given (example 214b)?

No, my sister is Green Card holder as well. Yes, it was 214b.

Do you know what could be the possible reasons for requesting Resume?

No, my sister is Green Card holder as well. Yes, it was 214b.

Do you know what could be the possible reasons for requesting Resume?
afaik usually security /background check issue. (It’s sometimes requested when people are applying for work related B visas but this obviously doesn’t apply to your dad).
in that case I’m out of guesses... sorry. the refusal would have made more sense to me if one of you was a citizen.

afaik usually security /background check issue. (It’s sometimes requested when people are applying for work related B visas but this obviously doesn’t apply to your dad).
in that case I’m out of guesses... sorry. the refusal would have made more sense to me if one of you was a citizen.

ah, would you suggest taking help from law-firm or just prep by ourself for the visa interview?