Current status?

Jeromy

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all

I was granted asylum in 99. Now my wife\'s company is going to apply GC for her throught EB. The company\'s law firm asks my current immigration status and passport information, what should we response? Does anyone have similar experience?

Jeromy

No Title

Your status is asylee, indefinite in duration (AS1 if you were the principal applicant or AS2 if dependent).

Can I give the law firm my passport?

Hi, Gilbert and Tim,

Thanks for the reply. The law firm also asks for a copy of my passport,is it ok to give them? BTW, what\'s AS1 or AS2?

Thanks,

Jeromy

No Title

Jeromy,

You will almost certainly get your LPR status faster by the EB route. I encourage you to take aadvantage of the opportunity.

I do not see why you cannot give your passport to a lawyer for review. Indeed, he or she will have to use the information on the passport to determine your eligibility to adjust here and the applicability of the readmission bars.

The service center will send your file to the local office for interview. So do not freak out on this.

AS1 is just a fancy INS code for principal asylees who have not adjusted; AS2 is for derivative spouses and AS3 for derivative children. Americans have codes for everything.