Curiousity about Other MARRIED couples applying

JnJ*8103

Registered Users (C)
I thought it would be interesting to ask-

Are you or your spouse the US Citizen?

What state do you live in?

Where is your spouse originally from?

My husband is the USC, I am a new permanent resident (approved on 8/14/07). We live in Florida and are both from Haiti.

Come on everybody, reply to that thread.

And what is the purpose of this thread? How is it related to immigration? State or residence doesn't matter at all. The DO matters which can be multiple in a state. The original nationality matters very slightly. I don't like the idea of people discussing their private affairs on this forum.

It wasn't meant to be rude or invasive, I thought it would be nice for us to all know where everyone was coming from.

I have learned you never know where you will find someone you know. My purpose was really to find out where people were coming from, maybe 2 people live near each other or maybe 2 people know each other from their country.

I thought it would be a nice (and relaxing) post to get to know each other more. It's not like I am forcing anyone to participate. And I really dont see how knowing these things are private affairs. We all have to be from somewhere, why not see who shares your home!

Just so everyone knows (Sorry, forgot to write this last night)

I'm from MI and my husband is Canadian.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like most of you live down south. Perhaps you're smart you avoid the cold and snowy winters!

Cool thread!

I am a USC born and raised in Southern California. My husband is a French citizen and we live in beautiful Portland, OR. :)

I am the spouse to usc. I am in Tx and he is in Guam on assignment for the next two years(military).Just waiting...1-485 pending...fp on 9-22-07....

I am a USC/Albanian my wife is Albanian from macedonia she live there I live in Chicago "in the process of bringing her here":)

I was a Pakistani-Canadian "alien" married to a US citizen (born and bred) of Pakistani extraction. I moved to the US from Ontario, Canada. We both live in Illinois.

Before moving to the US, I lived (not just visited) in 9 different countries. All thanks to being the son of a career diplomat. My "visited countries" tally is north of 50 :)

My husband is from Ontario as well! Sounds like you are a very well traveled person!