criteria for research waiver

mmed

Volunteer Moderator
Friend of mine (J medical) asked me about waiver based on very strong background (not IGA or MUSA). He has more than 70 publications, awards ....etc and working as assoc prof on O visa. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Friend of mine (J medical) asked me about waiver based on very strong background (not IGA or MUSA). He has more than 70 publications, awards ....etc and working as assoc prof on O visa. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

I am not sure I understand your question. He came on a J1, didn't obtain a J1 waiver (and didn't go back home for 2 years) and therefore switched to a O visa, right? Now he wants to find a way to get his waiver since O visa is temporary. Whatever background he has, I am afraid he won't be able to apply even for Eb1 (extraordinaty ability) as long as he hasn't obtained the J1 waiver.

I think you will get O visa only after J waiver ia approved.

What is your question ?

Yes, there it is possible to obtain a waiver on research work alone. The sponsoring agency is the department of health and human services (HHS). From people who have gone that way, it seems to be a rather difficult waiver to obtain (the chances quoted to me are 50/50).

What is your question ?

Yes, there it is possible to obtain a waiver on research work alone. The sponsoring agency is the department of health and human services (HHS). From people who have gone that way, it seems to be a rather difficult waiver to obtain (the chances quoted to me are 50/50).

Thanks hadron. I explored the HHS web page and I sent the link to him.