"CRIS" update emails from USCIS - Fingerprints

dave_bj

Registered Users (C)
On 8/18 I gave my fingerprints for 3 applications: I-131, I-765 and I-485.
Less than 30min after I was done, I received the USCIS CRIS update email for my I-131 and I-765, kind of indicating that my fingergerprints had been received. I never got that email for the I-485 application.
Now I received two other emails saying that I-131 (Travel doc) and I-765 (work permit) are in production and will be sent in 30 days.
I still have not received any update for I-485.

Question: Could this be a mistake from the person taking the fingerprints? Because I-485 and I-765 fingerprint notice were on a single page/doc with 2 bar codes. I can only remember her scanning one of the 2, not both. Could this mean that the TSC does not know I already submitted prints in the Green Card (I-485) application?

Side note: The lady taking the prints was upset because the guy who greated me at the door only gave me 1 information sheet to fill, when (according to her) I should have had 3 (one for each receipt number).

Last edited by a moderator:
Less than 30min after I was done, I received the USCIS CRIS update email for my I-131 and I-765, kind of indicating that my fingergerprints had been received. I never got that email for the I-485 application.
Now I received two other emails saying that I-131 (Travel doc) and I-765 (work permit) are in production and will be sent in 30 days.

Question: Could this be a mistake from the person taking the fingerprints? Because I-485 and I-765 fingerprint notice were on a single page/doc with 2 bar codes. I can only remember her scanning one of the 2, not both. Could this mean that the TSC does not know I already submitted prints in the Green Card (I-485) application?

Side note: The lady taking the prints was upset because the guy who greated me at the door only gave me 1 information sheet to fill, when (according to her) I should have had 3 (one for each receipt number).

Valid question. You should make an infopass and see if they did update your FP in the system.

call 304-625-5590, option 2, option 5, and then option 3,"Thanks Thankful"
ask them if they received the FP for the I-485, of course you have to provide the I-485 receipt number for them.

Raziel,

I called that number (FBI) and they could only tell me that fingerprints were received, processed and returned to USCIS. She could not search a particular receipt number. She used my social.

This means that at this point, I am still not certain the Texas Service Center got my fingerprints specifically for my I-485 application.

I may have to schedule an Infopass as suggested by the moderator. It will be half a day wasted for me. But I don't want any delay, or even worse, my I-485 dropped for failure to submit evidence.

I would appreciate any other suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
try avoiding the time waste by calling/mailing the USCIS center. If not then infopass just like Wantmygcnow said.

i have a question and that is , did you file I-485, I-131 and I-765 together and sent at same address? you did not have a pay fee for I-765 and I-131?

DID YOU SEND both the applications at same address?

i have a question and that is , did you file I-485, I-131 and I-765 together and sent at same address? you did not have a pay fee for I-765 and I-131?

DID YOU SEND both the applications at same address?

Yes, I filed for all 3 at the same time, at the same address and did not pay anything more for I-765 and I-131. (I just paid the standard $1,010 for I-485+ biometrics). Why?

Don't worry, you are fine, jonny1 has been asking this question over and over... he is not convinced that I-485 fees entitles him to a free RTD and EAD

Dave bj, i think yu are ok. I did my FP3 fingerprints on june 25th and never got any emails or anything about them receiving my fingerprints. Note that: i only filed for I485. just recently on August 3rd, i got an LUD stating that they received my fingerprint fee and accepted it and now my case is pending. then i received mail telling me they would contact me on where to go and have my FP done. I ALREADY DID MY FP3 IN JUNE!!!!!!! i have been waiting for the notice to go do my FP again but nothing else came. yesterday i called FBI and after i gave them my A#, they said they processed and sent my fingerprints the same day to USCIS on June 25th. I have no idea what to do after this. am just waiting...... hope my timeline helps yu alittle bit to put together the puzzle.