Criminal Record : Expunged - I have to give info or not ?

Asian

I am having H1-B right now, applied for I-140(ND:July 2001 @ TSC), might be coming in next month or so, then I will be filing for AOS, Meanwhile before I filed, I got a criminal case of shop lifting which I also done Expungment (First Criminal record erase from public view - still be viewable there for government bodies). As I have done Expungment, do i need to show/tell them that about the my criminal record in I-485(AOS)? or not ? is there any guys can help me by providing info if they have similar case or know to similar case ?

Info

Better talk to a attorney..if you dont want to talk to ur present attorney then talk to a different guy.

Thax for info but still I like to see more inout if anybody have same case

Thax for info but still I like to see more inout if anybody have same case

The question isn\'t were you convicted, the question being asked is were you arrested

The answer to this question in your situation is CLEARLY yes. To say no is IMMIGRATION FRAUD. You must answer the question truthfully! You were ARRESTED! The lack of a conviction or an expungement does not eliminate this fact. Chances are your immigration fraud by not answering the question truthfully will cause far greater problems than the actual arrest would have had you disclosed it ast required.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

They asked if you were arrested

The correct answer is yes and you said no. Clearly you have willfully misrepresented a material fact (why would INS ask the question if the answer was not material?). If you were so certain the answer would not matter, why not say yes when you knew that was the correct answer?

This really was a question that should have been addressed to your attorney BEFORE you answered the question. You need to speak to your lawyer about this and find out what course of action s/he feels is appropriate at this point.

Jim

tell me this

Why did you shop lift to start with? Immigrants when they come to a foreign country have to put their best foot forward and not indulge in such activities like shop lifting.
That surely shows the moral character that you have
btw are you a paki?

re: Problem?

My friend was arrested several years with charge "domestic violence" ago and dismissed later.He just want to know how much impact this will on his H1 stamping in Mexico?Thanks Jim!

domestic violence thieves

what is happening here? what is the h1 for ?
I think such people shouldnot be issued h1\'s