CP vs 485 for the elderly?

180daysJOBCHANGER

Registered Users (C)
My mom and dad are 55+. They have 10 year multiple entry visitor visas. I am expecting their I130 approval any day now. Should I then just call them here and let them go ahead with I485 + EAD + Advance Parole or is it better for them to go for CP in bombay. The downside about CP is their age. I am afraid that although my dad is an architect, the immigration officer may not approve his GC coz of his age...you know he might say that you will be retiring in a couple of years anyway...then you will just use our resources in the US. However if my parents come here on their visitor visas, then they can file for 485...once in the US...we can get the best immigration lawyers to represent their case. the downside about 485 is the time taken to get the actual GC in hands. Am I too concerned about my parents failing the GC interview if they choose the CP route?

Yes U are worried..

However, If U do 485after 130 is approved, their stay here is legal and it takes only max of 3 months to get 485 RD. So it is better to go for 485 for somebody who has a 10 yr visitor visa. Just make sure that U apply for AP along with 485...