CP tapascharya safal at mumbai..GC ki prapti soon

GCVoyager

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I can't believe i am posting this "successful CP" post...
Had a smooth CP interview at Mumbai on 16th August. here are details. i am still in India will post POE (JFK NY) exp when i return.

hd my medicals at lilavati on 12th..staff there is really efficient and PRACTICAL. medical was finished by noon. went to "my own photo studio" after that for phots. came back to lilavati around 4:00 pm to collect reports. i would highly recommend lilavati.

picked up photos next day.

eventho' my appntmnt was at 8:30, I reached there at 7:00 and was in the consulate by 7:10..there were hardly 3 or 4 persons before me. I would recommend every one to reach early no matter what time ur apptmnt is. earlier u reach..earlier u'll be out from there. gave my appt letter at window 11, paid drafts at window 1 and then i was asked to wait for my name being called.

my name was called by a lady at window 12. She asked for all the documents. I hd my docs organized as:
one CP docs folder for me (only docs needed for cp, passport, photos)
one CP docs for my wife (only CP docs, passport, phots etc)
one folder for supporting docs like paystubs, old h1s, bank stmts etc.
one folder for tax transcripts, other tax records, address proof, etc.

First i handed over docs from my CP folder.
I hd two ntrzied emp letter..she said only one was enough. she returned one of the letters back to me..asked me which company i was working for..looked at other documents. Surprisingly she asked for ds230 part I (not copy) and luckily i had filled out and signed part I so did not argue much. just handed it over to her. Also she asked me to sign ON the photograth below face.
Then handed over docs from my wife's CP Folder. my wife's maiden last name is diff that her father's last name. so she was a little surprised but i had affidvt made by my father in law she took copy of it. (i don't think it was needed tho' since passport already has father's name). so i wud suggest to carry all docs u can think of. no local pcc asked. she then asked me to read and sign a paper, basically, saying that i'll let consulate know if my job offer chages or some thing like that. she then asked me to wait till my name is called again.
mean while saw all members of a family running back and forth from window to their seats..they did not hv any docs in order..lady at the window was really pissed at them..
and hd some brunch and cofee.
My name was called again after an hour at window 9 (or 8).
there was an american lady and an Indian lady. she asked to raise our right hands to take oath. and only thing she asked me was which co i was working for. and then asked us to sign ds230 part II said we got the GC and can collect passports at 3:30 pm.
we were out smiling by 11:30

we reached there to 3:30 but they started giving packets at 4:30 only - Indian standard time :)

So in all smooth CP..as some one posted before "its just an expensive courier service to deliver docs to consulate".

I will be glad to answer ur questions. all the best to all future cpers. And a BIG thanks to rajiv khanna and members of immigrationportal.com. This web site was really a great help through out the whole process.

tapasvi.

I-134

my lawyer asked me not to worry about I-134 if employment letter and paystubs etc are there. Were you asked for I-134?

Re: I-134

Originally posted by GC_BMBOO
my lawyer asked me not to worry about I-134 if employment letter and paystubs etc are there. Were you asked for I-134?

GC_BMBOO, I134 (affdvt of support for dependents) is must.
and its really easy to do. just print it out off the net fill it out and get it notarized from any notary, not necessarily ur lawyer. so u dont really hv to listen or talk to ur lawyer for it. all the best.

tapasvi.

Hi !! Congrats !!! And thanks for the ellaboration of ur GC event(interview,medical..)
I've a quick Q -
NVC has send my Pkt-3 to our company's attorney on 08/26/02 and yesterday (08/30/02) he has send it to me (duly filled in) for my review. He has send me the following -
DS-230-I & II
and
G28.
He has send the same for my spouse and kid in addition to I-134.
He hasn't send me DRS-2001.
I guess my Q is - Is it required to have DRS-2001 ? also DS230-II and I-134 at this stage ?
A quick response would be highly appreciated.
cheers,
Ranen

:confused:

translator's cert.

hi, tapasavi
congratulation and good luck for future gc life.
one question.
Do we really need to attach translator's certificate in case of english birthdate certi provided by municipalty?

Originally posted by Ranen
Hi !! Congrats !!! And thanks for the ellaboration of ur GC event(interview,medical..)
I've a quick Q -
NVC has send my Pkt-3 to our company's attorney on 08/26/02 and yesterday (08/30/02) he has send it to me (duly filled in) for my review. He has send me the following -
DS-230-I & II
and
G28.
He has send the same for my spouse and kid in addition to I-134.
He hasn't send me DRS-2001.
I guess my Q is - Is it required to have DRS-2001 ? also DS230-II and I-134 at this stage ?
A quick response would be highly appreciated.
cheers,
Ranen

:confused:

Ranen, DRS-2001 is same is OF-169 right? (the checklist?) yes, I did send it. my was AC140 case but i think everyone needs to send it.
No DS-230 Part II and I-134 are not be sent along pckt-3

Re: translator's cert.

Originally posted by sm99999
hi, tapasavi
congratulation and good luck for future gc life.
one question.
Do we really need to attach translator's certificate in case of english birthdate certi provided by municipalty?

sm99999, If its completely in enlish then u dont need it translated. but if you hv any thing on it in other language too then get it translated.

Vaccinations

Tapasvi,

Just wanted to check if you were able to get the vaccinations during your medical at lilavati itself. or did you have documents showing you had all vaccinations- where/how can we get these?

i know i have had most of the vaccinations, but don't have any documents for proof.

thanks,
amit

Re: Vaccinations

amit,
I had to take most of the vaccinations except chicken pox.
The doc there normally asks you if had chicken pox ever. this vaccine is really expensive. luckily I had got it in childhood so I did not hv to take it. and if ur wife is pregnant or (planning for kid) then you can let the doctor know. and doc will not give you MMR either.

let the doc atleast know that u might hv taken these shots before. i would not mind taking them again if there is no risk.
other than chicken pox (or small pox i forget which one it is) all are very cheap in cost.

all the best,
tapasvi.

Originally posted by amitag
Tapasvi,

Just wanted to check if you were able to get the vaccinations during your medical at lilavati itself. or did you have documents showing you had all vaccinations- where/how can we get these?

i know i have had most of the vaccinations, but don't have any documents for proof.

thanks,
amit

vaccinations

Thanks a lot, tapasvi!
I was worried that we would have to plan for a few additional days before the interview to have all the shots taken.

Amit