CP Salary Question

kartoos

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys
I wanted to know if there will ne any problem if the salary mentioned in my Labor is 10% more than what I am making now. I have just applied for I-140 and elected to go CP route. My lawyer had concern that my Labor was based on rate specifed in Labor application. But I am making 12% less than what I used to make due to fallout in economy. Has anyone faced a similar problem or should I fight with my employer to increase my pay while giving up on health benefits.

Also on another note is I-140 processing faster with CP option?.

Thanks

Salary difference especially of about 10% should not be an issue. There are a number of senior members who contribute to this forum who have had this stiuation and have come thru cp process with smily faces. If you search the cp thread of this forum for the word "salary issues" you will find a lot of the answers you are looking for!

CP/ AOS decision does not have any impact on I-140 processing time.

Carry a letter from your employer which states that the employer would give you the salary stated in the LC. This is important and would be helpful.

Originally posted by kartoos
Hi Guys
I wanted to know if there will ne any problem if the salary mentioned in my Labor is 10% more than what I am making now. I have just applied for I-140 and elected to go CP route. My lawyer had concern that my Labor was based on rate specifed in Labor application. But I am making 12% less than what I used to make due to fallout in economy. Has anyone faced a similar problem or should I fight with my employer to increase my pay while giving up on health benefits.

Also on another note is I-140 processing faster with CP option?.

Thanks

Drawing a marginally lower salary than the one mentioned in the
LC is not an issue when you go for the interview.

However you MUST carry a letter from your employer saying that
they would pay you the salary mentioned in LC once you become
a permanent resident.

Do not fight with your employer, you need their help now!

Scores of people have gone through this scenario without any problem, including myself.

Raju

notarized copies -- cp experienced/gurus

other than employment letter, which originals/photocopies are required to be notarized for the cp interview? are they "required", or more like "to be on the safer side"?

thanks,

I am under the impression that only the employment letter needs to be notarized. One should carry photocopies of rest of the documents, immigration or otherwise, and also originals of those documents. the officer looks at originals and photocopies and takes photocopies. This is my understanding based on conversations with folks who have undergone cp earlier this year. Please clarify~!

Additionally.....

....My understanding is that I-134, the affidavit of support for all dependents also need to be notarized in the US.

titu

How the consulate verifies the salary? By looking at the W-2 form? Or at the pay slip?
Thanks
Ravi

Verification is done based on W-2/ tax papers previously filed. But it is good to carry last few paystubs for cp interview although general rule is that the consular officer does not ask for paystubs.