CP and 245(i)

adis

Registered Users (C)
I got approved for Consular Processing but want to use the 245(i) so that I can be allowed back into the US. What should I do before I leave. My status before this approval was that I overstayed for more than one year. 245(i) would have help me if I do the AOS here but now I have to go for the CP. I have my wife here and my daughther thats is only one year old. Please advise what to do.

Just some experience

I was out of status for over half an year also. And get apprived through 245(i). My lawyer never suggested me to use CP. He even didn\'t apply Advance Parole for me.

I don\'t know why your lawyer use CP for you. I think the risk is very high to go back at this time, and on your case.

Just some idea, you can talk to your lawyer and some other experts.

Frank

please don\'t risk

If you have a way out don\'t risk going for cp talk to your lawyer to see if it is possible to change to aos.I for one I wouln\'t do that because the way things are now you don\'t know what will happen tomorrow better take more time than regreting.

CP is risky if you were out of status even in the past

Why do you want to go for CP when you are so sure that you were not in status in the past , that too for a year. You can file for I-485 even if your I-140 is approved for CP . Better consult your lawyer regarding this matter.Your lawyer marked your I-140 for CP either if you are/were not out of status or thought that he can file for I-485.Bug your lawyer to clarify you on this matter.