Could you please ask following question during your interview and post answer here

m_img

Registered Users (C)
Hey folks,

There is big debate about if you should report minor traffic citation which have fine less than $500. I think you should report..

If you don't have any traffic citation or have citation and reported it... could you please ask interviewing officer if one should report it on N400?

If enough people report there answers... hopefully all get the same answer from Interviewing officers. And this discussion will be put to rest for ever.

Thanks for your input.

Hey folks,

There is big debate about if you should report minor traffic citation which have fine less than $500. I think you should report..

If you don't have any traffic citation or have citation and reported it... could you please ask interviewing officer if one should report it on N400?

If enough people report there answers... hopefully all get the same answer from Interviewing officers. And this discussion will be put to rest for ever.

Thanks for your input.

This question has been asked by many people. Some IOs say yes, others say no, and some even get upset if you disclose it, as they consider it a waste of time. I had a few minor traffic tickets that I didn't disclose. The IO who interviewed me only wanted to know if I've been arrested. During the oath ceremony, the IO in charge specifically instructed all participants not to disclose traffic tickets. There is no straight answer to this.

This question has been asked by many people. Some IOs say yes, others say no, and some even get upset if you disclose it, as they consider it a waste of time. I had a few minor traffic tickets that I didn't disclose. The IO who interviewed me only wanted to know if I've been arrested. During the oath ceremony, the IO in charge specifically instructed all participants not to disclose traffic tickets. There is no straight answer to this.

Did this come up? Did you ask specifically about those citations? I'm going to ask Mr. Khanna about it. He believes in over disclosure that I tend to agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did this come up? Did you ask specifically about those citations? I'm going to ask Mr. Khanna about it. He believes in over disclosure that I tend to agree.

To be on the safe side, I brought records of whatever tickets I could locate to the interview, just in case I was specifically asked about them. The IO asked "Have you ever been arrested?", to which I truthfully answered "No" and he moved on. At the oath ceremony, the IO who was conducting it specifically stated the she does not want anyone to disclose traffic tickets.

On a side note, one of my former colleagues attempted to disclose traffic tickets at his interview. The IO stated that they don't care about minor moving violations. Of course, YMMV. I personally don't believe in overdisclosure, particularly when it comes to dealing with government agencies. Don't ever volunteer information and only give them what they ask for and. If you do decide to disclose traffic tickets, make sure that at the interview you provide documentary proof that you've taken care of them. The USCIS doesn't seem to have an established procedure when it comes to traffic tickets; if you get an IO who wants to see proof of payment, you can hand it over on the spot and avoid having the processing of your case delayed.

To be on the safe side, I brought records of whatever tickets I could locate to the interview, just in case I was specifically asked about them. The IO asked "Have you ever been arrested?", to which I truthfully answered "No" and he moved on. At the oath ceremony, the IO who was conducting it specifically stated the she does not want anyone to disclose traffic tickets.

On a side note, one of my former colleagues attempted to disclose traffic tickets at his interview. The IO stated that they don't care about minor moving violations. Of course, YMMV. I personally don't believe in overdisclosure, particularly when it comes to dealing with government agencies. Don't ever volunteer information and only give them what they ask for and. If you do decide to disclose traffic tickets, make sure that at the interview you provide documentary proof that you've taken care of them. The USCIS doesn't seem to have an established procedure when it comes to traffic tickets; if you get an IO who wants to see proof of payment, you can hand it over on the spot and avoid having the processing of your case delayed.

Thanks so much... about disclosures - you make sense.

I wish USCIS is make it clear in the form

Thanks again.