Convert to EB1

BhaiSahab

Registered Users (C)
I am sure it must have been discussed some where, thought will ask again.

If anyone wants to convert to EB1 from let's say EB3 what are the criteria and how much benefit on getting GC? Someone said a manager in a multinational will qualify for EB1 catergory..

Not really, they are waiting on my green card to be approved to give me a managerial role though. I asked my HR to talk to lawyer, nothing yet... My role is very global though.

Without already having been a manager, you wouldn't qualify for EB1 on the basis of being a multinational manager. And since you have been in the US for the past 3 years or more, you also would not satisfy the condition of being employed with the company outside the US for at least 1 of the past 3 years.

This page summarizes the criteria for EB1:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1323.html
Employment First Preference (E1)

Priority Workers receive 28.6 percent of the yearly worldwide limit. All Priority Workers must be the beneficiaries of an approved Form I- 140, Immigrant Petition for Foreign Worker, filed with USCIS. Within this preference there are three sub-groups:

Persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. Applicants in this category must have extensive documentation showing sustained national or international acclaim and recognition in the field of expertise. Such applicants do not have to have a specific job offer so long as they are entering the U.S. to continue work in the field in which they have extraordinary ability. Such applicants can file their own petition with the USCIS, rather than through an employer;

Outstanding professors and researchers with at least three years experience in teaching or research, who are recognized internationally. No labor certification is required for this classification, but the prospective employer must provide a job offer and file a petition with the USCIS; and

Certain executives and managers who have been employed at least one of the three preceding years by the overseas affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or branch of the U.S. employer. The applicant must be coming to work in a managerial or executive capacity. No labor certification is required for this classification, but the prospective employer must provide a job offer and file a petition with the USCIS.