Contradictory Online Messages

mohanlal2000

Registered Users (C)
All right here we go again!! 5 days back I received the approval notice saying that "While processing your case we reached to a point where we ask you to make appointment with one of our Application Support Center (I guess this is ASC) to have some additional biometrics (FP, Photo and Signature).

But today's email says that "On October 5, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Does this mean that my card has been ordered. And if I do receive my card, do I still need to make an appointment for biometrics.

I am more concerned because of the trip to India mid-November.

Thanks in advance

Any updates

Mohanlal, any update on your case? This is what I posted in another thread. I seem to be in the same situation...

Hi all,

Need some advise from the folks who have been through this process. I and my wife received the same notice (Vermont Service Center) stating..."In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of our Application Support Centers...".

The notice was issued on Sep 28th, but it wasn't until today that we could call VSC to schedule the appointment as the original notice was sent to our lawyer and it took a few days by the time he mailed it to us, etc. In the meantime, our 485 onlie status changed to..."Your card has been ordered and will be mailed to you once it is ready"...I was expecting the online status to remain like this (as was the case with most of the other folks in the thread) until we got the biometrics done (which incidently is scheduled for Nov 12th). But out of the blue our online status today changed to..."On October 9, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address..."

I am quite confused now. Do we have to go for the biometrics at all? I intend going for the appointment, irrespective of whether we receive the card or not, to cover all bases. But what exactly is happening here is beyond my understanding.

Hi A_P,

I did not receive any responses yet. My online status changed today as well to "On October 9, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address..."

My take is once I receive the card, I do not intend taking up appointment for Biometrics. Why create additional confusion. The physical card already has the fingerprint and photograph. My wife received her card a week back.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Not sure

Mohanlal,

Honestly, I have no idea what's the correct thing to do here :( . Given that its better to err on the side of being conservative, I intend going for my biometrics on Nov 12th even if I receive the cards before that. Why take a chance as it would seem odd that USCIS sends us our cards but does not require biotmetrics. When I look at everyone elses cases, they seem to have required visiting the ASC's whether it be for the weird approval notice that we received or for the traditional InfoPass appointment.

Funny thing is that both our notices state Oct 9th. 9th was a Sunday so I can't imagine how they could have posted the cards then!! Keep in touch and please let me know when you receive the cards in yoru mail!

Cheers

When did you file for 485 ?

HI A_P,
What is your PD ,EB Category an d I485 Receipt date.
Are you from country which got affected by retrogression or not?
Please post the above requested info.
Thanks
-S
A_P said:
Mohanlal, any update on your case? This is what I posted in another thread. I seem to be in the same situation...

Hi all,

Need some advise from the folks who have been through this process. I and my wife received the same notice (Vermont Service Center) stating..."In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of our Application Support Centers...".

The notice was issued on Sep 28th, but it wasn't until today that we could call VSC to schedule the appointment as the original notice was sent to our lawyer and it took a few days by the time he mailed it to us, etc. In the meantime, our 485 onlie status changed to..."Your card has been ordered and will be mailed to you once it is ready"...I was expecting the online status to remain like this (as was the case with most of the other folks in the thread) until we got the biometrics done (which incidently is scheduled for Nov 12th). But out of the blue our online status today changed to..."On October 9, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address..."

I am quite confused now. Do we have to go for the biometrics at all? I intend going for the appointment, irrespective of whether we receive the card or not, to cover all bases. But what exactly is happening here is beyond my understanding.

My dates

Here are the details of my application (Indian)...

EB1(Multinational Manager)
--------------------------------------
140:
RD - 5/20/05
ND - 5/24/05
LUD1 - 6/17/05
AD - 9/28/05

485 (Self, Spouse):
RD- 6/14/05
ND- 6/16/05
FP Notice date - 6/17/05; FP done - 7/5/05
LUD (Self):- 1 - 7/5/05(no msg); 2 - 7/6/05(no msg); 3 - 7/13/05(FP received...); 4 - 7/14/2005(no msg)
LUD (Spouse):- 1 - 7/5/05 (no msg); 2 - 7/6/05 (no msg); 4 - 7/14/2005(no msg)
AD - 9/28/05

AP, EAD (Self, Spouse):
RD- 6/14/2005
ND- 6/16/2005
AD EAD- 8/2/2005

Got confused

Hi Mohanlal and A_P,
Here is my story. I got apprval mesage on 9/30/2005 around 12.30 PM for me,spouse and son.
Here is the different messages and time:

9/30/2005 12:30 PM (For all)
This case has been approved. On September 30, 2005, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your
address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

9/30/2005 9:15 PM ( for me and spouse)

On September 30, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you
a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

10/04/2005 9:45 AM ( for me and spouse)

On October 4, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the
applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and
you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your
address. To update your address, please call the National Customer
Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

10/05/2005 10:25 PM (for my son)
On October 5, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

10/6/2005 -- Approval Notice Received by Snail Mail (for ALL)

10/7/2005 -- Wife card Received

10/10/2005 5:45 AM ( FOR ME FORM MAILED ----> TO ORDERED) --( Colombus Day -- Federal Holiday)

On October 7, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

10/11/2005 9:30 AM (for my son)

On October 9, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the

10/12/2005 10:45 AM ( FOR ME)

On October 12, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the

I hope the message will no change back to :eek: :confused: :eek:
" on #### day we received your application for Adjustment of Status.
It is taking 365 to 900 days to process this type of application. We will mail you the decision once we approve the case etc."

whereismylabor

Hi
I am also exactly same situation.Me and my wife recd approval notices.My wife recd the physical card last week on 10/7/05.I did not recieve it yet,Online message changed from mailed to ordered . I had an appointment with local INS office for PP stamp.The officer looked at my case and said that there was an error in printing the card.They are reprinting the card and will be mailed as soon as ready, if not USCIS will send notice for biometrics for Card printing.The USCIS officer refused to stamp my passport , saying i will get card or notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devanpk,
I think you and me are in same sitiation. Keep me posted if you get your card.

devanpk said:
Hi
I am also exactly same situation.Me and my wife recd approval notices.My wife recd the physical card last week on 10/7/05.I did not recieve it yet,Online message changed from mailed to ordered . I had an appointment with local INS office for PP stamp.The officer looked at my case and said that there was an error in printing the card.They are reprinting the card and will be mailed as soon as ready, if not USCIS will send notice for biometrics for Card printing.The USCIS officer refused to stamp my passport , saying i will get card or notice.

thx

Thanks for sharing your info whereismylabour. your case is similar to mine except that my online message hasn't yet changed from mailed to ordered :) . let's see how things unfold.

My status changed couple of days back to: "On October 9, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her". Checked with my lawyer as well who mentioned that if you receive the card, you don't need to go the USCIS office. Comments??

Received card

Hi all,

I and my spouse received the plastic cards in our mail today. The GC journey seems to have come to an end.

G'luck!!

Card Received

Hi All,
I received my card and my son card today. Devenpk you all also receive it today or tomorrow. Wish you good luck.
Thank you,

Hi all,

I received the card today. My wife had received hers a week back. Good luck to everyone!!

AP-Are you still going ahead with your biometrics appointment??

Probably not

Mohanlal,

I am getting inclined towards not going for the biometrics. Let me know once you have decided finally.

Cheers

card recieved

I got my card today by mail.My wife got a card last week.We will not be going for biometrics becos of card arrivals.Wish you every one success.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I got from my lawyer when I asked her if I need to go for biometrics as I had already received my green card.

"yes, you are correct in that since your card has been mailed, you do not need to make a Biometric appointment."

Hopefully, I will never hear from them again!!