continuous residence requirement question

maverick_s

I'm applying for citizenship through naturalization.
in past 5 years, I have lived in overseas for a little over 1.5 years, with coming back to the states for a short 1 to 2 week stay for every 5 months or so.
when I put in my address history at uscis online, do I need to verbosely input the month and date from and to which i stayed overseas and the address I stayed for the 1 week during i come back in between the 6 months?

thanks

I'm applying for citizenship through naturalization.
in past 5 years, I have lived in overseas for a little over 1.5 years, with coming back to the states for a short 1 to 2 week stay for every 5 months or so.
when I put in my address history at uscis online, do I need to verbosely input the month and date from and to which i stayed overseas and the address I stayed for the 1 week during i come back in between the 6 months?

thanks
Yes , you have to list all addresses you resided/ trips/Duration of said trips .

Yes , you have to list all addresses you resided/ trips/Duration of said trips .
thanks Jbuff.
will USCIS ask why you just come back for a week immediately before 6 months? is this an obvious sign of avoid the discontinuity of the residency?

thanks Jbuff.
will USCIS ask why you just come back for a week immediately before 6 months? is this an obvious sign of avoid the discontinuity of the residency?
Yes, it’s pretty obvious, and you can expect questions. I did that once only and got asked about it in quite some detail. So for you doing that a few times, i would be surprised if they did not mention it.

Yes, it’s pretty obvious, and you can expect questions. I did that once only and got asked about it in quite some detail. So for you doing that a few times, i would be surprised if they did not mention it.
I see.
so it's preferred to start application a few years later when I have continuous 5 years of stay throughout then i guess.

I see.
so it's preferred to start application a few years later when I have continuous 5 years of stay throughout then i guess.
I guess it depends on how easy you think it would be to justify it. I had decent reasons but was asked in detail about what ties I had maintained to the US during that time. The problem is, you won’t know for sure until the interview with $$$ and probably a good number of months/maybe a year or more waiting to find out.

I guess it depends on how easy you think it would be to justify it. I had decent reasons but was asked in detail about what ties I had maintained to the US during that time. The problem is, you won’t know for sure until the interview with $$$ and probably a good number of months/maybe a year or more waiting to find out.

i guess a few years later, then from that point of time, i will have continuous 5 years of stay in US, then those overseas stay won't even come into picture. right?

If you don't need citizenship immediately, and don't want to deal with the question of your continuous residency, you should wait.