Contacting Congressman and Senators personally in MA

Raj Chandra

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Off late the processing of the BCIS makes people losing their sleep and peace. In an effort to voice our concerns, we need to take this up a notch by contacting the respective state's representatives.

For Massachusetts, if we can contact(both by emails and in person)Sen. John Kerry/ Ted Kennedy, it may be fruitful.

I have started this thread for Massachussets residents who are waiting for their approval. The idea is to form a group and try to meet the senator and/or the congressman in person and voice our concerns with the petitions that has been prepared by our friends of ImmigrationPortal.com.

We need to form a group and form a strategy as soon as possible. So all are welcome. Lets make this happen.

heck, i'm ready.

at this point i'm getting ready . . .
usually, i'm not the one complaining.
but this is getting pretty freaking irritating.
if i had my GC, i'd be going on a business trip to Europe right about now.
my RD is 9/6. you know what year :)
do we get together and go?

Re: heck, i'm ready.

Originally posted by dr_hangup
at this point i'm getting ready . . .
usually, i'm not the one complaining.
but this is getting pretty freaking irritating.
if i had my GC, i'd be going on a business trip to Europe right about now.
my RD is 9/6. you know what year :)
do we get together and go?

Hi dr_hangup,

Thank you for your reply. Lets keep this thread alive for a week. Once the final list is drawn, we can all communicate each other and put this thing into motion. Also, we need appointment from the senator/congressmen offices.

Anyway, next friday(10/10) we will see how many of us is joining in this effort and decide from there.

Sounds good?

Raj

Hi, Raj,

I'm trying a similar thing in California.

As the first step,
I recommend everyone to send the petition to your three local Congressional offices phisically such as Fax or USPS Mail.
As Edition already mentioned,
The Honorable Senators and The Honorable House of Representatives give high priority to the messages received from the constituents of their state or district.
You should receive written letters from Congressional members within a month.

We have to have at least one Congressional member to introduce a bill and several ones for co-sponsers to amend the INA.
-kashmir

Hi Kashmir,

Thank you. Sure...once the group is finalized, we will definetly send the petition to the senators and congressmen.

Thank you for your support.
Raj

Re: Re: heck, i'm ready.

Originally posted by Raj Chandra
Hi dr_hangup,

Thank you for your reply. Lets keep this thread alive for a week. Once the final list is drawn, we can all communicate each other and put this thing into motion. Also, we need appointment from the senator/congressmen offices.

Anyway, next friday(10/10) we will see how many of us is joining in this effort and decide from there.

Sounds good?

Raj

sounds good!

Of course, you do know that Kerry is gunning for the primaries and therefore, is mostly out of state :-(

Immigration is not currently a high priority with presidential candidates and I think I would rather have it this way than have them be one way or another.

sounds good, but the only thing is that in order for kennedy to be there we must meet at a pub, and in order for kerry to be there the bar must serve heinz ketchup with their fries...

I am in MA.

I would love to go and tell them the story about my FP. I just don't know if I can get off from work on Oct. 10 right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Project Ocean FAX THE PETITION Campaign

What has happened in the last three weeks ?
Please join FAX THE PETITION Campaign to accelerate the Project Ocean !!
-kashmir
Originally posted by Raj Chandra
Hi Kashmir,

Thank you. Sure...once the group is finalized, we will definetly send the petition to the senators and congressmen.

Thank you for your support.
Raj

MA

I see good signs for MA. Kennedy introduced at least one bill on the FARM WORKERS. He would be ideal for an amendment. We are not FARM workers but as I mentioned in the past we grow domestic tomatoes..
Another taker is Orin Hatch (Utah?) with his DREAM act along with Feinstein in CA. Well we are not sons of illegals but these people should be targets.