Contacting both congressman and senator

vidchin

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Is it ok to contact both congressman and senator?
I am not able to get much help from congressman's office. Its been two months since I contacted the them. I was told that my case was assigned to an officer two months ago. I am still waiting. So I am thinking about contacting Senator's office as well. I just want to know if any one did this and had similar experienmces. Please share.

Thank you
Vidchin

Go ahead, there is no harm in contacting both of them. I have done the same. In both cases, they are not of much help, other than providing the status information. May be the file gets touched by USIS when an inquiry is made, but I doubt it.

Thank you skwk

Thanks for your relpy. I will try the senator also. You are right they are not of much help other thatn finding the status. But it helps to keep my sanity and to keep my hopes alive.

Thank you
Vidchin

to contact the senator / congressman, I think we should wait till our Receipt date(RD) is within the processing times of INS.

Am i right or wrong??

Thanks
GlenMd

Re

No you don't need to wait till processing dates are current. All UCIS does is replies back to Senator's office saying that they are processing app on or before processing dates but can't answer why they are approving cases after processing dates. Its all rubbish, but contacting senator may help your case. I called 2 senators and after 2nd senator inquired my case, my case was approved in a month or so. So feel free to contact senator.
Good luck with your try.

Do u mean that one can contact the senator even if the # of processing days is less than 540 days(as stated in 485 Receipt notice)?
When did u enquire about ur case, i.e. after how long after 485 RD?
Pls. let me know..

Thanks
vascan
srikandi said:
No you don't need to wait till processing dates are current. All UCIS does is replies back to Senator's office saying that they are processing app on or before processing dates but can't answer why they are approving cases after processing dates. Its all rubbish, but contacting senator may help your case. I called 2 senators and after 2nd senator inquired my case, my case was approved in a month or so. So feel free to contact senator.
Good luck with your try.