Consulting Agreement = Job Offer Letter?

pilsol

Hi,

I have a Management Consulting job offer, TN letter from my employer, and the required education including equivalency, 10 years experience in my field, and plan to start the temporary 3 year position in the US as a Canadian under TN status as part of the NAFTA agreement.

I also read that I need a consulting agreement. Is a consulting agreement different from a job offer letter? If so what does USCIS require from a consulting agreement to make sure I have no issues at the POE? Are there any links to good examples of consulting agreements?

Thank you for the great forum!

Never heard of this requirement. MC does require company show that you will be consulting, but that would be in the letter, not is not other contract.

I read it on a blog which I found informative - and I probably thought it was informative because I didn't see this information anywhere else.

This was the post: h t t p : / / blogs.ilw.com/entry.php?6054-Do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-be-a-TN-Management-Consultant

So to confirm I should be ready to submit my TN application for a new temporary 3 year in house management consultant position at the POE if I am bringing the following:
Original business bachelor degree
Degree equivalency
Job offer letter (signed original)
TN letter (signed original)
?

@pilsol

I am also working under the same category. The TN letter provided by employer has a paragraph wherein it stated that "my employer has an consulting agreement with so and so client and I will be working as part of that consulting agreement".

They haven't issued any separate consulting agreement letter as such. I just carried the letter along with all my education credentials and experience letters to the border. The officer just looked at the letter and issued the TN with 3 years validity.

Note that the above is when one has been hired by a consulting company (the TN sponsor), and is being farmed out to a client as a consultant. That could be an arrangement under many TN categories, with TN typically awarded in that specific category.
This is not quite the same as a Management Consultant, hired and working directly for the employer/sponsor under the MC category..