Consulate entry for Kid

Sandeep420

Registered Users (C)
I will be attending my CP interview at Mumbai consulate in Feb2005. Are you allowed to take your US citizen kid inside consulate during interview ? My son is 2 months old and can not stay outside consulate during my & my wifes interview. How can i get him with us to the consulate ?

Sandeep420 said:
I will be attending my CP interview at Mumbai consulate in Feb2005. Are you allowed to take your US citizen kid inside consulate during interview ? My son is 2 months old and can not stay outside consulate during my & my wifes interview. How can i get him with us to the consulate ?

He will be allowed inside. The Consulate in general advises parents not to bring in minor children so that the childred are not inconvenienced, but they
do not actually stop them.

In your case you need to carry his birth certificate and US passport.

Raju

5 Year old kid

My daughter will be 5 year old at the time of interview which is sometime in June/July 2005-She is Indian Citizen ,
Is she required by the consulate for CP interview....

ansarianas said:
My daughter will be 5 year old at the time of interview which is sometime in June/July 2005-She is Indian Citizen ,

The Consulate advises parents that there is no need to bring the children to the interview (even when the child is one of the IV candidates). So, it is your call.

Raju

ansarianas said:

here is the TIP from Chennai Consulate..

" Tip of the Week: "Please do not bring extra people to your visa interview, including your American citizen children. Food items and bottles of any kind are not permitted to be brought into the building. We recommend that you find a baby sitter for your minor U.S. citizen children."

I think the children who need obtain IV need to be there for interview. I read in this forum that the Officer asks questions to the children and verify their passports.

Check with your consulate before you decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
ansarianas said:

I had to take my 2 months old daughter for interview last month. So yes you have to take your daughter for interview, Also though lab tests are not required, doctor certification is required for your daughter as well.

After reading the replies with Yes/No I have decided to play safe & take my daughter (5 year old) to consulate as she is IV candidate....

Thanks for the replies