• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Consular processing

LouiseR

Hi all!
I'm wondering if anyone has recently submitted their DS260 and what the timeframe was to receive an interview? I read that June DS260 submissions will be met with an interview in August or September? I have the option to do an Adjustment of Status and am wondering if this would be a better option for me?
Thankyou everyone

You most likely read wrong. Start by telling us your CN range (which should include the year, region, and the first two to three digits after the zero series of your CN), in order for your to get some more useful and appropriate responses.

Sure, my number range is OC24XX. It’s 2022. I’m in the US on an E3.
Unsure which route to take AOS or Consulate. I’m worried about a delay with getting an appointment at the consulate.

In my opinion it’s a bit late in the fiscal year to start looking for consular appointments. If you only just recently submitted your DS260 (implied by your first post) it’s probably not even going to finish processing before July, which risks you missing out on CP interview scheduling altogether - this was very late to submit it. fyi re your first post, DS260s that have finished processing (not just submitted) in June would likely get Aug or Sept interviews. It can take a month or two for KCC to process DS forms.

So… I don’t see that you really have much choice other than AOS at this stage. Make sure you read mom’s spreadsheet linked on the first post of the AOS thread very well.

I’m in agreement with Susie. If as a DV2022 selectee you only recently submitted your DS260 form, you’re probably too late for to successfully go through the CP route. And I’m even wondering if you’ve actually submitted the DS260 form as of today, considering you’re still trying to figure out which route might work best for you.

In my opinion it’s a bit late in the fiscal year to start looking for consular appointments. If you only just recently submitted your DS260 (implied by your first post) it’s probably not even going to finish processing before July, which risks you missing out on CP interview scheduling altogether - this was very late to submit it. fyi re your first post, DS260s that have finished processing (not just submitted) in June would likely get Aug or Sept interviews. It can take a month or two for KCC to process DS forms.

So… I don’t see that you really have much choice other than AOS at this stage. Make sure you read mom’s spreadsheet linked on the first post of the AOS thread very well.
Thankyou so much for the info. I agree, I was leaning towards the AOS. I haven’t submitted the DS260. So I’ll start the AOS asap.
Thanks again

Hi all, hope all is well. My brother won DV2022, unfortunately we still haven't received any notification from NVC/USCIS/KCC. We submitted the DS-260 in the summer 2021 but last correction was made in October 2021. I am not sure what we can do? Will DV2022 expire? Thank you.

Hi all, hope all is well. My brother won DV2022, unfortunately we still haven't received any notification from NVC/USCIS/KCC. We submitted the DS-260 in the summer 2021 but last correction was made in October 2021. I am not sure what we can do? Will DV2022 expire? Thank you.

Yes, it expires on 30 Sept. What consulate Is your brother processing at? What is his CN? Have you contacted KCC?

We are from Kyrgyzstan. I tried to contact KCC no answer from them yet. CN: 2022EU248xx. thank you.
Hmm…Bishkek has been processing around 70 DVs a month for the past couple of months, but before that had hardly issued any this FY so it looks like the embassy is still catching up on earlier capacity issues.
Did you correctly put all the required details in your emails to KCC?

Hmm…Bishkek has been processing around 70 DVs a month for the past couple of months, but before that had hardly issued any this FY so it looks like the embassy is still catching up on earlier capacity issues.
Thank you for the information. Yes I did it, I was following their an email template.

Do you think if we get an immigration lawyer , it will help us to speed up the process?

Do you think if we get an immigration lawyer , it will help us to speed up the process?
No. Hiring a lawyer (who neither KCC nor the embassy are obliged to respond to btw) is not going to get you to jump wherever you are in the queue.

please double check you wrote your date of birth in the correct order in your emails to KCC, many people do not use US convention. This then flags as wrong info at KCC and they don’t answer.

No. Hiring a lawyer (who neither KCC nor the embassy are obliged to respond to btw) is not going to get you to jump wherever you are in the queue.

please double check you wrote your date of birth in the correct order in your emails to KCC, many people do not use US convention. This then flags as wrong info at KCC and they don’t answer.
Got it, thank you!

Yes, it expires on 30 Sept. What consulate Is your brother processing at? What is his CN? Have you contacted KCC?
Hi, the KCC finally replied back to me:

"Thank you for your inquiry.
Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email". "Your case number is now current for interview processing."- I am not sure how long this process will take. I am worried bc DV-2022 will expire on September 30th, will they still process after September 30? or it will be cancelled? Do you know by any chance from what email address I will receive a notification? I just want to keep an eye on it? CN2022EU000248xx, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek. Thank you!
We are from Kyrgyzstan. I tried to contact KCC no answer from them yet. CN: 2022EU248xx. thank you.

Hi, the KCC finally replied back to me:

"Thank you for your inquiry.
Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email". "Your case number is now current for interview processing."- I am not sure how long this process will take. I am worried bc DV-2022 will expire on September 30th, will they still process after September 30? or it will be cancelled? Do you know by any chance from what email address I will receive a notification? I just want to keep an eye on it? CN2022EU000248xx, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek. Thank you!
The email would be to the address used in the entry but you should keep an eye on the ESC page (Same page as your notification of selection) - all the email actually does is tell you there is an update there, and some people don’t get that email.

As detailed in the instructions for entrants and selectees, the program ends on 30 September.
All selectees, including family members, must be issued visas by September 30, 2022. Under no circumstances can the Department of State issue DVs nor can USCIS approve adjustments after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the United States after this date.

The email would be to the address used in the entry but you should keep an eye on the ESC page (Same page as your notification of selection) - all the email actually does is tell you there is an update there, and some people don’t get that email.

As detailed in the instructions for entrants and selectees, the program ends on 30 September.
All selectees, including family members, must be issued visas by September 30, 2022. Under no circumstances can the Department of State issue DVs nor can USCIS approve adjustments after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the United States after this date.
Thank you! I checked the ESC page, I see the same information as my brother was selected. Also checked the CEAC page, it says your immigrant application at NVC. If you case is processing electronically, please log into your CEAC account with your NVC case number and 16 digit Invoice ID . unfortunately we don't have NVC case number and 16 digit Invoice ID yet. What are the chances?

Thank you! I checked the ESC page, I see the same information as my brother was selected. Also checked the CEAC page, it says your immigrant application at NVC. If you case is processing electronically, please log into your CEAC account with your NVC case number and 16 digit Invoice ID . unfortunately we don't have NVC case number and 16 digit Invoice ID yet. What are the chances?
You’re not going to get an NVC case number, that’s not relevant to DV. The only case number you get is the DV one.
If the ESC page has not been updated yet you don’t have an interview yet.

Thank you for your help! when you say "some people don’t get that email"- the ESC page can be updated without a notification email? Does it mean I have to check the ESC page every week to make sure we don't miss a DV number or interview date?