Consular Processing Vs Adjustment of Status

memme

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I recently became USC and wanted to start on GC for my parents. However, I am little confused on which way to proceed.

My parents have multiple entry vistior visa that will be valid for another 5 years. They went back from US just 3 weeks back (little b4 my oath ceremony) and do not plan to return for about 2 years.

Consular processing comes as a winner. right? I am just not sure how smooth is the process. What are the steps? Is there any detailed thread/website on this?

How if I complete I-130 as a sponsor and when they come here next time, we do I-485?

Hi Friends,

I recently became USC and wanted to start on GC for my parents. However, I am little confused on which way to proceed.

My parents have multiple entry vistior visa that will be valid for another 5 years. They went back from US just 3 weeks back (little b4 my oath ceremony) and do not plan to return for about 2 years.

Consular processing comes as a winner. right? I am just not sure how smooth is the process. What are the steps? Is there any detailed thread/website on this?

How if I complete I-130 as a sponsor and when they come here next time, we do I-485?

If they are not coming for two more years then just apply I-130 here. Decide CP or AOS later. But there might be problem with vistor visa.