Congratulations to all of us!!!

Publicus

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday the Senate passed the immigration bill which now will have to go back to the House. This is by far the toughest part of the bill.

I was quite happy with the form of the bill. I didn't read the whole thing but I mostly glanced over the part concerning Citizenship and Litigation.

Thank God no mention was made to kill section 8 USC 1447(b): My favorite section of the whole United States Code. :D Thus our friends in the "Anyone with a lawsuit or thinking about a lawsuit" forum can still pursue their happiness and get their citizenship. Go for it guys and girls.

The other note we should mention is the change in the amount of years people have to wait to apply for naturalization. Under the current law, it is five years, but under the new bill, and if the immigrants can proof proficiency in English, they may apply after ONLY four years. This is good.

Any comments?

Publicus

Thanks for the good news. My count down to 1447(b) has already started - 111 days remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Publicus said:
Yesterday the Senate passed the immigration bill which now will have to go back to the House. This is by far the toughest part of the bill.

I was quite happy with the form of the bill. I didn't read the whole thing but I mostly glanced over the part concerning Citizenship and Litigation.

Thank God no mention was made to kill section 8 USC 1447(b): My favorite section of the whole United States Code. :D Thus our friends in the "Anyone with a lawsuit or thinking about a lawsuit" forum can still pursue their happiness and get their citizenship. Go for it guys and girls.

The other note we should mention is the change in the amount of years people have to wait to apply for naturalization. Under the current law, it is five years, but under the new bill, and if the immigrants can proof proficiency in English, they may apply after ONLY four years. This is good.

Any comments?

Publicus

My comment:

Since apparently we are on route to a new amnesty

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060525/ap_on_go_co/immigration_43

the new 12+ million future citizen should have the legal tool to sue the Government for what's theirs "rightfully" :rolleyes:

I propose that the Congress should amend the USC 8 , 1447(b) and in the spirit of fairness and non-discrimination the Complaints and Hearings on such matters should be either in English or Spanish...or better: in Spanish and only if is absolutely necessary in English.

Also more District Courts should be operating between Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez and Nuevo Laredo.

Congratulation to all of them!!!

Read again:

(g) District Court Jurisdiction- Section 336(b) (8 U.S.C. 1447(b)) is amended to read as follows:

`(b) Request for Hearing Before District Court- If there is a failure to render a final administrative decision under section 335 before the end of the 180-day period beginning on the date on which the Secretary of Homeland Security completes all examinations and interviews required under such section, the applicant may apply to the district court for the district in which the applicant resides for a hearing on the matter. The Secretary shall notify the applicant when such examinations and interviews have been completed. Such district court shall only have jurisdiction to review the basis for delay and remand the matter, with appropriate instructions, to the Secretary for the Secretary's determination on the application.'.

Publicus said:

Any comments?

Publicus
Wow , After 7 years of legal residency and obeying the law, it took me 2.5 more years from the date of applying for the citizenship to get it. now , those illegals are going to be rewarded with only 4 years to get their citizenship, that is rediculous.

We should have not obeyed the law from the first place and probably we could have gotten the citizenship sooner!!!!!!!

sony

but ejb this is as complex as java....it states on completion of all exams////
does that include name check...so if name check takes 1 yr we have towait for 1 yr +180 days?

ejb2k said:
Read again:

(g) District Court Jurisdiction- Section 336(b) (8 U.S.C. 1447(b)) is amended to read as follows:

`(b) Request for Hearing Before District Court- If there is a failure to render a final administrative decision under section 335 before the end of the 180-day period beginning on the date on which the Secretary of Homeland Security completes all examinations and interviews required under such section, the applicant may apply to the district court for the district in which the applicant resides for a hearing on the matter. The Secretary shall notify the applicant when such examinations and interviews have been completed. Such district court shall only have jurisdiction to review the basis for delay and remand the matter, with appropriate instructions, to the Secretary for the Secretary's determination on the application.'.

my understanding..yes...if it took 5 years you can sue after 5years+180 days..sounds nice ah?

damn and when is this supposed to be a law?

idiots..these are the worst politicians and the worst political system in the world....

Suzy977 said:
My comment:

Since apparently we are on route to a new amnesty

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060525/ap_on_go_co/immigration_43

the new 12+ million future citizen should have the legal tool to sue the Government for what's theirs "rightfully" :rolleyes:

I propose that the Congress should amend the USC 8 , 1447(b) and in the spirit of fairness and non-discrimination the Complaints and Hearings on such matters should be either in English or Spanish...or better: in Spanish and only if is absolutely necessary in English.

Also more District Courts should be operating between Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez and Nuevo Laredo.

Congratulation to all of them!!!

Suzy, I think that issue has been resolved. Thanks to the Inhofe Amendment, and to JoeF and his comrades who pushed Spanish so hard :D, English now is the National Language of the US. read this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/18/AR2006051800242.html

Also, I doubt the house will agree to that level of Temp Work Permits. They are going to lower the level.

ejb2k said:
Read again:

Where did you read that. Do you have a link? Like I said, I glanced quickly over the bill and didn't study it.

i took it off...anyways publicus are u still in u.s or are u commissioned...did u watch the new video.the doctor release.man,tht is the worst thing i have seen in my life...
anyways all the best dude.

Publicus said:
Your link is dead? :confused:

I don't know why everyone is freaking out about the new bill. Chances of it becoming a law are slim to none. The house does not want the illegals to get anything. So what makes everyone think they will compromise and give them everything.
We are missing the point that the house and senate has to agree on one common ground before anything can happen. What they agree on....no-one knows but I doubt it will be what the senates bill is.
Plus after whatever law is passed....USCIS still has to prepare to be able to put it into effect...with how slow they are on everything...this could be a while too.
So relax and keep waiting for your cases to be processed. It might be a long time before we see the effects of all this hoo haa (halabaloo).

I don't think that there should be a path to citizenship for anyone who entered and remains illegally in this country. For those of us who are not born here, citizenship is a "privilege" and not a "right" and therefore should not be granted to those who abuse the immigration system of this country.

bashar82 said:
I don't think that there should be a path to citizenship for anyone who entered and remains illegally in this country. For those of us who are not born here, citizenship is a "privilege" and not a "right" and therefore should not be granted to those who abuse the immigration system of this country.

My friend Bashar, it is all a question of votes. Senators from border states (Arizona, NM, CA...) voted for the bill because they have a large population of Hispanics which supports the legalization of illegals.

I just don't understand why do these retarded politicians want to kill the only hope people have when their cases are delayed forever by the incompetent CIS. I said it numeous times, Sue the bastards as soon as possible before any of these amendments take effect if they ever do.