confusion about the potential retrogression

hopeofgc

Registered Users (C)
guy, I would appreciate if someone could get me out of the fog.

My understand is that The visa bulletin is based on PD, which is the LC filing date or 140 filing date.
Only if your PD is current, you can file 485.

My 1st questions is, if your PD is current, does that mean there is a visa available for you?

Let's say if in october the retrogression happens and cut off date is 2003, what about those who already filed 485 with 2004/2005 PD, will those cases stay in the USCIS until date is current for them again? and at the same time, USCIS will only process cases with PD earlier than 2003, right?

----- yes, only the pending applications before pd cut-off date will be processed.

Then the processing times at each center will also be affected by the retrogression? For example, NSC is now processing cases whose RD is
09/2006, so after retrogression, the date may vary????

----- yes, each service center has different processing times.

;;;

guy, I would appreciate if someone could get me out of the fog.

My understand is that The visa bulletin is based on PD, which is the LC filing date or 140 filing date.
Only if your PD is current, you can file 485.

My 1st questions is, if your PD is current, does that mean there is a visa available for you?

Let's say if in october the retrogression happens and cut off date is 2003, what about those who already filed 485 with 2004/2005 PD, will those cases stay in the USCIS until date is current for them again? and at the same time, USCIS will only process cases with PD earlier than 2003, right?

Then the processing times at each center will also be affected by the retrogression? For example, NSC is now processing cases whose RD is 09/2006, so after retrogression, the date may vary????