Confused about I-485 processing Date

Ross

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone(Alanpero, Jack)--- I applied my 485 on January 2001(as a asylee). I called yesterday to INS (ph-402-323-7830) to chake my case status and they told me(automated answering mecine) it will take 375-400 days.I was so excited after that-hahha. Then i told my friend to chake his status he applied his 485(EB)on August 2000 But his catagori is Employment Based.And when he call INS that phone no. the automated answering mecine told him it will take 375-400 days.But he already did his Fingerprint on april.----
(1)So i am confuse that did INS put my adjustment application on EB catagori? ( I wish thats way get GC early -- hahahha)
(2) Why his and mine are same time frame?
(2)OR that date time really matter----IF you guys call INS and chake status your case let me know if you get same answer like me.

No Title

Same as mine. The automated answering mecine always say it takes 375-400 days no matter what kind of 485.

No Title

Hi ma2, check messages posted in discussions in "Political asylum in USA" and you will find the answer to your questions and won\'t be confused anymore. Those same questions have been answered before.
(1) Your asylee adjustment application has nothing to do with with EB. They are not related, and belong to completely different categories
(2) Time frame you get from answering machine means NOTHING!!. Time frames are the same because, as said they are meaningless. As for your friend, the message will change from "bla,bla...375-400..." to approved only when he gets his passport stamped or his GC, I believe
(2) that date time means nothing. I suggest you to read messages in these asylum discussions to find answer to other questions you might have, and I also cordially invite you to join Pete1\'s initiative in discussion "we have to write to congressmen"
Regards

No Title

It\'s just my opinion, don\'t take my word for it. May be the asylees who filed their I-485 recently will be called for finger printing and interview in 375-400 days. Not necessarily getting your passport stamped or receiving the greencard within that time frame.
  Unless the Senate increase the quota on number of asylee greencard approvals per year there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY an asylee can get his/her GC in 375/400 days. There are so many back log cases pending.