***Confirmed*** - September Mumbai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Re: Re: appearance of attorney...

Hi, Satish
nice to c u posting after long time. Just wonder is it ok not to give G28 at bombay or should I provide.
I also agree that whatever asks only those items needs to provide.

Originally posted by satishdave

If your lawyer had been doing a good job then let him do that. He has to do that because your company or you have already for that.

"Appearance of Attorney". is not required.

It is advised to give whatever consulate asks for. Keep all bonus items, in case they need it.

But nothing stops you from filling your forms.

Re: Re: appearance of attorney... for sm9999

The G-28 is not needed.
Since your lawyer has already given you just keep it. Even if you give to consulate people, most probably they will say it is not needed.

BTW, today was my day off so I stopped by local IRS office & they gave me the tax clearance certifcate. I filled the gorm 2036. They just saw passport & that's it.

This is required by IRS whenever any alien leaves country, even for gc holder. This is similar to tax clearance required in India when you fly out. These are less spoken & not implemented rules in US & India.

Re: DS 230- I questions

Originally posted by monk12
Hey Guys,

My attorney filled DS 230 and all other forms. In DS-230-I, where we need to metion all the places where we worked for last 10 years, he didnot metion the job that I did in India (for 4.5 years). I was told that, that job was not in relevant field (It was as Mining Engg. whereas now I work as Software developer after doing M.S. in Comp Sc. from USA), that's why attorney did not mention about that job.

That means there is a gap of 4.5 years in my DS-230-I. If they ask me as to what I did for that 4.5 years, what would I say. My company Immigration officer said, tell them that you worked in India, but you didnot mentione in DS230-I, because it was not in relevant field. Does it look like a reasonable answer. I have asked Attorney to reconsider it. I am not sure what they will do this time.

What do you guys think as to what shall I do.

monka12

#22 of DS 230 I says all jobs worked in last ten years. So your lwayer should have mentioned it. Just take a part I copy filled with that info. In case they ask for it give them. Keep that as last option. First give your lawyer's argument.

In my case I have put software/non-software experience. They need these info more for tracking history. Whether we all eligible by vitue of our experience/education is part of labor & I-140 process.
So Cheers, it's not biggie.

hello watchTSC

after a long time i see you posting in this forum. Good.
Good luck on your interivew.

what is that g-28 & IRS 2036 forms.

is that the indian-sailing permit & USA-sailing permit.

I read somewhere in the posting, that if you return throught MUMBAI, they specifially ask for some INDIAN-TAX stuff.., but that was way-old, not sure if that practice still exists...

do we need to take Sailing-permit(usa) for primary,wife,kids etc.. or just for PRIMARY ??

--localMadras

For Local Madras:
Tax papers from India while leaving Mumbai is required if your an alien who has worked in India. This is straight from the horses mouth. My dad works for IRS in India.

The immigration folks ask for these papers to extract bribes. So be careful. Whenever you run into such an issue, explain your situation to the Indian officer, if he does not understand, ask for his supervisior.

Bapa

Sailing permit

Satish:
I think Tax Clr. is Sailing permit right? I got that too.
LocalMadras:
If I am not mistaken 2036 form is for Sailing permit.
G28 is the form your att will give you if he files/prepare any docs (from lbr to cp-485). It says "appearance of att" means all the comm. would route thru yr att.

thanks..

Thanks WatchTSC..

What is G-28. Is that required.. where from do you get it.

Another one..

I was told by my attorney:

1. Sailing permit - NOT REQD.
2. IRS 9003 - NOT REQD.

Is this correct ??

My interview at Mumbai Consulate is on 19th Sept. Is there anyone else on same date or + - 1 day. I am staying in Royal Castle Hotel (I saw this in Immihelp.com). Flying from here on 13th Sept (by Air India from Chicago), reaching Mumbai on 15th early morning, Hospotal appointment in Hinduja on 16th sept.

monk12

Re: thanks..

Thanks WatchTSC..

What is G-28. Is that required.. where from do you get it.

Another one..

I was told by my attorney:

1. Sailing permit - NOT REQD.
2. IRS 9003 - NOT REQD.

Is this correct ??

My interview at Mumbai Consulate is on 19th Sept. Is there anyone else on same date or + - 1 day. I am staying in Royal Castle Hotel (I saw this in Immihelp.com). Flying from here on 13th Sept (by Air India from Chicago), reaching Mumbai on 15th early morning, Hospotal appointment in Hinduja on 16th sept.

monk12

G-28 is form signed by you & your lawyer authorizing him to act on your case. Some lawyers just put one with I-140 stating for total GC process & others put one for each stage. In either case it is not required at all for CP interview. So we may all easily erase G-28 word from our memory for Mumbai.

For 2063, commonly referred as sailing permit, is tax clearance certficate. It is not asked for interview. So need not to worry.

By law it can be asked when you are departing US. But I haven't heard that anybody was asked for that. Further you will have your tax returns & last pay stub showing withholding for current year.

IRS 9003 is not a requirement any more, I think inplace of that they ask for previous year tax return & that serves the same purpose. If you want you may print one by yourself. It is just few check boxes & SSN.

So do not worry for all these forms.

hello Bapa,

Bapa,

when you say "ALIEN who has worked in India", you mean forienger(non-indian) right ?

iam a chenniate, and never filed a tax-return because my salary (@inida) was less than the prescirbed-SLAB. acutuall speaking i was a trainee for 2 years earnin < 3500.

will there be any problem in Mumbai airport,while coming back to usa.

Re: hello Bapa,

Originally posted by localmadras
Bapa,

when you say "ALIEN who has worked in India", you mean forienger(non-indian) right ?

iam a chenniate, and never filed a tax-return because my salary (@inida) was less than the prescirbed-SLAB. acutuall speaking i was a trainee for 2 years earnin < 3500.

will there be any problem in Mumbai airport,while coming back to usa.

u'll b ok..those f**king bstdrs at airport normally ask that to get some money from u..i was askd too...i said i don't work in india..i am working in USA so i did not file tax returns..and just igonred him...if he insists too much then just show a copy of PCC...just dont get nervous or else he wont let u go without taking any money from u...

thanks satish...

thanks to bringing it top. Question is what procedure they are talking about. This sucks...

Re: thanks satish...

Originally posted by sm99999
thanks to bringing it top. Question is what procedure they are talking about. This sucks...

I think the changes might be more for F1, J1, H1 etc. for people who are coming for the first time.

Hopefully it will not affect us. in September bzee & nilu (cptracker) will be able to give us first hand experience.

i am on 20th

i am on 20th. Do you have any idea when this notice published on site? Looks like it will be impl. after 11th.
hope things would be fine.

Re: i am on 20th

i am on 20th. Do you have any idea when this notice published on site? Looks like it will be impl. after 11th.
hope things would be fine.

I think this week end. But it does say it may affect few, so in general I do not see any issue.

Hi,
I did work in India about four years before I came to US in 1997.
For two years I was under the income tax slab so I didnot pay any taxes, for another two years, I did pay taxes and I have a certificate from a chartered accountant that lists all the taxes that I have paid every year in India.

Do I need to so this while coming to US from Mumbai. I can as well tell them that I never worked in India and they would never know. what do you suggest.

monk12

Hi,
I did work in India about four years before I came to US in 1997.
For two years I was under the income tax slab so I didnot pay any taxes, for another two years, I did pay taxes and I have a certificate from a chartered accountant that lists all the taxes that I have paid every year in India.

Do I need to so this while coming to US from Mumbai. I can as well tell them that I never worked in India and they would never know. what do you suggest.

monk12

I think you do not need any thing at this time. Your passport is stamped to indicate that your were out of country. This is more a issue when leave country for the first time, but generally nobody cares much about this.

ds230P2 - Q.35

I know this is to be filed in presence of Cons. off. but what is "I derive foreign state chargebility under sec(202)b through my". Do we have anything to say if ask?

Re: ds230P2 - Q.35

Here is what you asked for:
Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 202(b) --
(b) Rules for Chargeability. - Each independent country, self-governing dominion, mandated territory, and territory under the international trusteeship system of the United Nations, other than the United States and its outlying possessions, shall be treated as a separate foreign state for the purposes of a numerical level established under subsection (a)(2) when approved by the Secretary of State. All other inhabited lands shall be attributed to a foreign state specified by the Secretary of State. For the purposes of this Act the foreign state to which an immigrant is chargeable shall be determined by birth within such foreign state except that-
(1) an alien child, when accompanied by or following to join his alien parent or parents, may be charged to the foreign state of either parent if such parent has received or would be qualified for an immigrant visa, if necessary to prevent the separation of the child from the parent or parents, and if immigration charged to the foreign state to which such parent has been or would be chargeable has not reached a numerical level established under subsection (a)(2) for that fiscal year;

(2) if an alien is chargeable to a different foreign state from that of his spouse, the foreign state to which such alien is chargeable may, if necessary to prevent the separation of husband and wife, be determined by the foreign state of the spouse he is accompanying or following to join, if such spouse has received or would be qualified for an immigrant visa and if immigration charged to the foreign state to which such spouse has been or would be chargeable has not reached a numerical level established under subsection (a)(2) for that fiscal year;

(3) an alien born in the United States shall be considered as having been born in the country of which he is a citizen or subject, or, if he is not a citizen or subject of any country, in the last foreign country in which he had his residence as determined by the consular officer; and

(4) an alien born within any foreign state in which neither of his parents was born and in which neither of his parents had a residence at the time of such alien's birth may be charged to the foreign state of either parent.

I know this is to be filed in presence of Cons. off. but what is "I derive foreign state chargebility under sec(202)b through my". Do we have anything to say if ask?

satish...

Thanks for the very detailed post. I am still confuse what to answer (shoud checked or unchecked?) if they asked.
Are we supposed to check mark on that box if asked?