Conditional Green Card filing experiences !!

akshat11

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

I would like to start a new thread where we can get some information about the process to file for removing conditions on your GC based on marriage to USC.

What supporting documents are needed?
How long does it take?
Do you have to appear for an interview again?

Please post your experiences. Also people who have been through this process and successfully removed their conditions are more than welcome to post their entire experience.

I would appreciate your valuable info very much.

Thanks Guys

Akshat.

GC-Tracker Norfolk-VA marriage based

This is new tracker for those who filled their papers to/via Norfolk,VA for Green card based upon marriage . Please reply with full details. Thanks

The instructions are quite clear on what needs to be sent along with the form.

Copy of front and back of your Conditional GC.
Birth Certificate of any children born to the marriage.
Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.
Financial record - Joint tax statements, Joint utility bills (phone, cable, credit card stmt.)
Affidavit from friends and family who know you.
Photographs (recent and old).

A Cover letter explaining that you are filing I-751 to remove condition and then list all the documents in the order in which they appear.
1. Form I-751 to remove condition
2. Copy of Conditional GC
3) Birth Certificate of kid
4) Lease or rental contract
5) Cable bill from 01/2004 and 01/2005
6) Bank statement from 01/2004 and 01/2005
7) Affidavit
8) Photographs of kids/vacation taken.

Use an ACCO clip to hold everything in place.

As far as the time is considered, I am not sure how long it usually takes.

I filed my I-751 with VSC in Jan 2005 and I got my approval letter last week. I have to go and submit my photographs. No interview.

Good Luck.

Thanks Dude

AmIinTrouble:

Thanks man....that info was very helpful...so it seems it is straight forward and no interview certainly helps. Please post your experience as you go through the entire process.

Akshat

Yes, very helpful "AmIinTrouble"! I have also started a Thread yesterday on removal of conditions but for persons who are already divorced and requesting a good faith waiver. Nobody seemed to have any experiences to share though.

Can you give me a good sample of an affidavit for I-751 purposes?