Concurrent I-129 issues ?

My current employer filed for a TN renewal/ extension and the HR received I-797. I was interviewing for other jobs as well and I have an offer now. This new employer wants to file for TN as well but under a different NAFTA category as it is senior role, and they want to use the I 129 premium processing route. Their attorney said that it will not affect my existing renewal application with the other employer and they will not be notified of the new application. I am unsure if that is the case. What are the implications of having two concurrent I 129 applications ? Any input is greatly appreciated.

It is not a problem. Are you sure you qualify for a second TN category? If you are thinking about Management consultant for a "senior role", that will not work.

It is not a problem. Are you sure you qualify for a second TN category? If you are thinking about Management consultant for a "senior role", that will not work.
Hi Nelsona, thank you. I got my first TN on scientific technologist category and this new job offer is for a Direcror role and their attorney recommended applying under Management consultant category. So are you saying that won't work ?

Management consultant is for a position that is not part of the company org chart. MC's are typically hired for a specific purpose/project, not as a long-term employee.

Besides, ou cannot be a manager on TN.

Management consultant is for a position that is not part of the company org chart. MC's are typically hired for a specific purpose/project, not as a long-term employee.

Besides, ou cannot be a manager on TN.
Today I got the approval for the second I-129 after responding to 2 RFE's. Should I go back to the border to re issue my sons TD?

He only needs to go at some point before his current I-94 expires. His TD is based on you having TN -- any TN.

What is in the passport is not crucial. The I-94 expiry date is the important thing. You may have to print it oiut off the CBP website.