Concurrent filing

civ2ru

Registered Users (C)
I asked the same question in another thread, but I think it got buried in all other comments and questions, so I thought I'd ask it in a new thread:

So, what is the official position on whether concurrent filing is still available? It was still available in April, as there was a fact sheet floating around with instructions on bi-specialized adjudication, which mentioned concurrent filing. Have there been new documents/reports since then that speak about concurrent filing about to be abolished? Could you give links to those documents/reports, if you know them? How much time do you think I still have to file I-485 if my I-140 (EB-1 EA) is already pending (but not yet approved)? Thank you so much!!!

Concurrent filing is still available. The information on premium processing posted on the federal registry does not say that concurrent filing will be abolished. The source of this "rumor" is attributed to the teleconference with the NSC officials, posted on the AILA website, Murthy Forum etc.
The website www.immigration-law.com clearly indicated that concurrent filing is not immediately affected by premium processing (at least from the announcements thus far). In any event, the start date for I-140 premium processing has not been announced yet... may be USCIS is still sorting this out.., and this service might not be available until the phase II of bi-specialization (which kicks in sometime September 2006).