Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Like I said .. I am not current as per the Indian quota so yes they used CC. But I had to go through hell to try to convince them to look at my case through my spouse's. they finally did it. I give total credit the case worker i dealt with. I have worked with senators offices before but this case worker seemed to have a "hook in". She made it happen. I am going to try to get her to do my spouse's too next week.

Thanks way2gc. Hope all you others get done too. I have seen a lot of the newer CC cases get through pretty quick. Mine was one of the older cases and they just did not even want to look at it.

x-chargeability worked, but...

i posted this under a different sub-forum, but only got one response, hopefully there are more readers on this thread...

My wife and I just got our I-485s approved. I am the primary applicant with an EB3 priority date of 3/04 (retrogressed country) but my wife was born in Spain. We concurrently filed my I-140 and our I-485s last August (2007) with the TX center and had our biometrics this past April. Our lawyers sent a letter to the USCIS earlier in the spring when my PD was current asking them to make sure cross-chargeability was being applied, but TSC returned the letter back to us. Then we had our lawyers get the AILA liasion involved to make sure TSC was using cross-chargeability, but got a canned response saying that the I-485 supervisor would respond in 60 days (this was back in the spring).

No LUDs since then and then suddenly two weeks ago, I recd approval emails for my I-140 and both our I-485s (on the same day!!). I-485 approval notices showed up in the mail this past Friday. However BOTH our approval notices note 'adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition' with a category of 'E37'. I had already done some research into approval categories (see https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0500502215#C) and was expecting my AOS to be approved under the 'E37' category (as primary I-140 beneficiary) and my wife's AOS approval under the 'E39' category (spouse of beneficiary of immigrant petition). Is this something (category of approval) that needs to get fixed? I sent an email to my lawyer this morning but haven't recd a reply yet.

I would greatly appreciate it, if EB3 folks can check their approval categories on their PR cards or AOS approval notices and let me know if I am full of s**t with respect to this E37/E39 business (this whole H1/ green card process has taken so long that I am now paranoid of anything and everything related to immigration).

Thanks for reading.

Approved!!

Hello guys...

I just got two emails from CRIS "Card production ordered" and welcome
Notice.
My case details
Country of Birth: Kuwait
EB3 -- PR DATE 04/04
Labor Certification: 02/14/06
I 140: ND: 03/06 AD: 09/06
I485: ND: 08/2007 AP: 12/12/2008

This forum has been very helpful to me. I wish you all a speedy Green card process.

Update on our case:

Called USCIS last Friday and was told my background check finally cleared. Received letters today for second round of fingerprinting for wife and me on April 7, since our previous fingerprints were in October 2007, and they've expired since it's been 15 months.

Also, my employer does not want to apply for my H1 extension beyond 6th year due to fear of rejection, and said to carry on using our EAD instead.

Got this email today:

On June 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service.

what additional documents needed for cross chargeability

I got married very recently and my wife's country of birth is a non retrogressed country. Could someone please tell me what additional documents needed to be added to my i485 application to qualify for cross chargeability. I could think of marriage certificate and birth certificate of my wife,if i would need more documents apart from the above could guys please let me know.

Secondly would my wife need to be in usa when i am filing my 485 using cross chargeability. She is completing her MD in medicine and will take 9 more months to come to USA.