Concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485. I-140 approved. Planning to change AOS to CP.

gckadiwana

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I did concurrent filing of of I-140 and I-485 at TSC. My I-140 is approved. AOS at TSC takes very long time. So I am thinking to change it to CP. Please give your ideas on following questions.

If I file I-824, then when is my AOS status considered abandoned? At the time of filing I-824 or at the time when I-824 is approved?

How long it will take to approve I-824 at TSC? What is the overall timeframe from I-824 filing to CP interview at Mumbai?

If I loose job in between after filing I-824, what are the possible options for me to continue GC application?

If after getting I-824 receipt, I apply for AC 140 and consulate deny my application, what are the possible options for me to continue GC application?

Thanks in advance.

Concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485

Hi gckadiwana,

How much time did it take for I-140 approval.

I was a little confused, because some websites mentioned that when you file concurrently I-140 and I-485 are adjudicated at the same time.

My labour is approved and was thinking whether I should go for Consular / AOS. I then saw your posted message that you filed concurrently.

Regards,
RB

Re: Concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485

Each case is treated differently at TSC. Mine I-140 is approved and I-485 is placed in regular queue.
They approved I-140 with my EAD approval. I think they approve/disapprove I-140 before issuing EAD.

Originally posted by RaghuBattula
Hi gckadiwana,

How much time did it take for I-140 approval.

I was a little confused, because some websites mentioned that when you file concurrently I-140 and I-485 are adjudicated at the same time.

My labour is approved and was thinking whether I should go for Consular / AOS. I then saw your posted message that you filed concurrently.

Regards,
RB