Concurrent filing being processed faster?

nscagony

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer mentioned that there is some hope that concurrently filed NIWs are faster than non-currently filed NIWs already at the I-140 stage, especially for ROW, because its a chance for USCIS to fill the EB2 quota for ROW which is often underutilized (which the Department of State keeps complaining about). Anyone care to comment on this? There is too little data in trackitt to judge from that.

Yes It appears to be true, I have seen couple of cases where 140 was not approved till four months and when it was finally approved, they approved I485 with in a week. This is not a ROW, NIW case but from China EB1-OR. Again as you said, not enough data to make a meaningful conclusion. This is just one single isolated case that I am aware of.

Rama:)

ROW = rest of the world. There should be a thread with acronyms. I keep wondering about all kinds of acronyms my self :)

The risk is if your I140 is denied, your 485 is denied too and you lose money. Plus next time you apply for greencard, you will have to tell them your whole denial history with I485 filing. This may trigger an interview request rather than a straightforward approval. EB1 EA, OR and NIW approval is never guarenteed.Anything can happen. I have seen many good cases getting denials and weak cases getting approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap!

pswami you are screwing up my weekend :) Take it easy on me :eek:

No I do not mean to.
We must know the risks and benefits of everything. Everyone was giving benefits but not giving you risks to make a good judgment

pswami, could you tell us a little bit more about the denial cases. I have literally never heard of seen a denied case. There is only 1 on trackitt.com but that was approved after a MTR.

what's MTR?

i decided to e-file my I-140 under EB-2 NIW. since i'm out of budget and besides my H-1 just started last oct., i don't really have to do the concurrent filing. what do you think?

Wow! Thank you Pswami

Wow! Thank you pswami. I never knew that - will have to check it out. Where did you get that information from? I talked to a lawye, who also did tell me to do concurrent filing. I havent retained any lawyer as I thought I can do it on my own. I should have gone with the lawyer. I got busy and I havent filed yet. Is anyone starting their self petition process now?

btw, pswami where from?

The risk is if your I140 is denied, your 485 is denied too and you lose money. Plus next time you apply for greencard, you will have to tell them your whole denial history with I485 filing. This may trigger an interview request rather than a straightforward approval. EB1 EA, OR and NIW approval is never guarenteed.Anything can happen. I have seen many good cases getting denials and weak cases getting approved.

Wow! Thank you pswami. I never knew that - will have to check it out. Where did you get that information from? I talked to a lawye, who also did tell me to do concurrent filing. I havent retained any lawyer as I thought I can do it on my own. I should have gone with the lawyer. I got busy and I havent filed yet. Is anyone starting their self petition process now?

btw, pswami where from?

yes, i am doing it on my own. i may file my I-140 online early next year.

Can someone clarify it for me please. As per my understanding, there are two ways, a physician can file for NIW:
OPTION 1. He agree to serve in underserved area (with a binding contract of 5 years between him/her and the employer).
or, OPTION 2. He is a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or an alien of exceptional ability. In this option, he can job change anytime.

In the I-140 form, in the section of 'PETITION TYPE:this petiton is being filed for', I can see the space to mark for option number 2 but I didnot find anyWhere to indicate the OPTION 1.

Any input will be appreciated. Thx a bunch