Computer System Analyst TN Category

rkmsnd007

Hola, I am applying under "Computer System Analyst" TN Category whereas I am a Mechanical Engineer with 20 years IT experience.

I have earlier Degree evaluation letters which show that my Degree and experience qualifies me to a Bachelor in Engineering equivalent American degree.

Would this raise any flags for the Computer System analyst category.

Thoughts...?

Regards,
RKMSND

Of course it would.
First off, why would you have needed experience to qualify your engineering degree? Experience doesn't change your degree. Where is this degree from, and in what field?

For TN, experience doesn't count. So, you will be getting TN based solely on your degree.

And, worse of all, your degree isn't a computer degree, it is engineering. You are eligible for Engineering TN, not CSA.

I am going for a IT System analyst role based on my last 20 years experience in IT...moved out of Engineering long long time ago

There is no issue of "raising flags". Evaluation letters simply do not meet the requirements to obtain a TN permit.

An actual degree is required.
Or, a 2-year certificate/diploma + 3 years experience is required.

Either of the above must be directly relevant to computer systems analysis.

My wife recently got TN, she has BSC(3 years) and MCA(3 years).Border agent told her bachelor is 3 years for csa its 4 years requirements, but i will give you as you have experience.

In her First TN there did not even ask any questions about degree, 2nd TN they did not even see degree.

Moral of the story totally depends on the Border Agent or your Luck :)

Thanks Grant...I have a 4 years Engineering Degree from India and 20 Years of IT experience. Keeping my fingers crossed next week.

Incorrect to say it relies on border officer. A Cdn bachelors degree satisfies NAFTA regardless of length. That is a NAFTA rule. Now a foreign degree would have to be equivalenced,

Thanks Nelson...I have a engineering degree from India..hence having the Degree evaluations along with me showing that my Degree in Engineering equivalents to a Bachelors degree in America

Good. Degree evaluation is required, and I'm sure was based solely on degree, not "Degree and experience" as you originally said.

Now your problem is Engineering degree for a CSA job. That is a hard sell to make, since your experience doesn't count in TN world.