Complicated Situation

Nightwing

My family came to the United States in 2004 through Embassy work and decided to stay. We applied for adjustment of status and after a long time waiting, in January 2013 our adjustment was denied. We appealed but we got the same exact response back, as if they did not even read the appeal. However now, we are confused as to how to get a citizenship. Being out of status right now, we cannot get sponsored. My dad has a brother who is going to get his green card soon as he married a US citizen. We are considering applying to DACA but there is no path to citizenship and it would also be admitting guilt that we entered illegally, which we did not. We had proper documents and as mentioned before, came because my father was stationed in the Embassy in the US. So is there are path to citizenship for us now?

You need to give more information. On what basis did you apply for Adjustment of Status? (Are you sure it was Adjustment of Status? or was it something else?) Why was it denied?

Also, it's not citizenship you are looking for right now, but rather permanent residency. Adjustment of Status is the process to get permanent residency.

Also, DACA does not require that you have entered illegally, only that you are out of status now.