• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Moe2001

Hello everyone,

I’m a DV 2022 winner my case number is in 17k

I’m from Asia (Jordan) married with 4 kids now but one was born recently (all 4 kids are U.S citizens). I’m currently in the U.S on a student visa F1. My wife and the kids are in Jordan (for work purposes). My wife has a valid F2.

The main winner is my wife she submitted her DS 260 on Aug 17, 2021 (before we had the new baby).

We had a baby on Sep 9, 2021

Me and my 3 kids
(not including the newborn) submitted our DS 260 on Sep 22, 2021. (I didn’t add the newborn to my DS because at that time we were still waiting for his birth certificate and had no passport for him because of that). But now we got his birth certificate and passport.

First Part of the issue

I need your advice please, my options are:

1- Go to the DS main page and add an applicant (the newborn) without changing the parents DS260 forms or unlocking them.

2- Contact the KCC and ask them to unlock the DS for both parents and add the newborn to it. But that will give me a new submission date which may delay the DR.

Second Part of the issue

I’m thinking to change the location of the interview from Jordan to the U.S since I’m currently in the U.S but I believe that I have to submit I-485 (change of status) form instead of DS260. Which I believe will divert my case to USCIS instead of KCC. And after that I will bring my wife to the U.S using her F2 visa (she can’t come to the U.S until June 2022 due to work reasons in Jordan).

My concerns are:

1- should I wait until my wife is in the U.S and after that change the location of the interview?

2- Can I change only the location of the interview for myself and leave my wife’s interview location as is (in Jordan) taking into consideration she is the main winner?

3- is it even worth it to change the location of the interview to the U.S?

Your advice is really appreciated.

Thank you!

1. If your children are already USC you’re not supposed to submit the DS260 forms for them. They’re not immigrating to the US since they’re already USC. You’re only required them (you and your spouse) on your DS260 forms. So you need to contact KCC to unlock both you and your wife’s DS260 forms to enable you list the new born on both forms.
2. Your wife cannot enter the US with a preconceived intent of filing AOS. The AOS option is for people already based in the US when the decision to process AOS was made, that is not the case here considering your wife is currently in Jordan and is not considering entering the US until June 2022.
3. Your best option is to travel down to Jordan (if and when your wife gets scheduled for her interview as the Principal selectee) and interview with her accordingly.

1. If your children are already USC you’re not supposed to submit the DS260 forms for them. They’re not immigrating to the US since they’re already USC. You’re only required them (you and your spouse) on your DS260 forms. So you need to contact KCC to unlock both you and your wife’s DS260 forms to enable you list the new born on both forms.
2. Your wife cannot enter the US with a preconceived intent of filing AOS. The AOS option is for people already based in the US when the decision to process AOS was made, that is not the case here considering your wife is currently in Jordan and is not considering entering the US until June 2022.
3. Your best option is to travel down to Jordan (if and when your wife gets scheduled for her interview as the Principal selectee) and interview with her accordingly.
So you are with unlocking the DS and with me going to Jordan so we both can do our interview there?

I already stated what you need to do.
Thanks for the info, do you know if i can do AOS only for myself since I’m currently in the U.S and my wife can continue her process in jordan? Can we both interview in different places?

In order for you to process AOS, your wife will need to complete the CP process on her part, be approved and enter the US before you can start the AOS process. Bear in mind the entire process, both CP and AOS must be completed on or before Sept. 30th, 2022. Considering her CN is not in the low range, that isn’t an open I would recommend hence my early suggestion about joining her for CP.

Hello everyone,

I’m a DV 2022 winner my case number is in 17k

I’m from Asia (Jordan) married with 4 kids now but one was born recently (all 4 kids are U.S citizens). I’m currently in the U.S on a student visa F1. My wife and the kids are in Jordan (for work purposes). My wife has a valid F2.

The main winner is my wife she submitted her DS 260 on Aug 17, 2021 (before we had the new baby).

We had a baby on Sep 9, 2021

Me and my 3 kids
(not including the newborn) submitted our DS 260 on Sep 22, 2021. (I didn’t add the newborn to my DS because at that time we were still waiting for his birth certificate and had no passport for him because of that). But now we got his birth certificate and passport.

First Part of the issue

I need your advice please, my options are:

1- Go to the DS main page and add an applicant (the newborn) without changing the parents DS260 forms or unlocking them.

2- Contact the KCC and ask them to unlock the DS for both parents and add the newborn to it. But that will give me a new submission date which may delay the DR.

Second Part of the issue

I’m thinking to change the location of the interview from Jordan to the U.S since I’m currently in the U.S but I believe that I have to submit I-485 (change of status) form instead of DS260. Which I believe will divert my case to USCIS instead of KCC. And after that I will bring my wife to the U.S using her F2 visa (she can’t come to the U.S until June 2022 due to work reasons in Jordan).

My concerns are:

1- should I wait until my wife is in the U.S and after that change the location of the interview?

2- Can I change only the location of the interview for myself and leave my wife’s interview location as is (in Jordan) taking into consideration she is the main winner?

3- is it even worth it to change the location of the interview to the U.S?

Your advice is really appreciated.

Thank you!

@Britsimon

In order for you to process AOS, your wife will need to complete the CP process on her part, be approved and enter the US before you can start the AOS process. Bear in mind the entire process, both CP and AOS must be completed on or before Sept. 30th, 2022. Considering her CN is not in the low range, that isn’t an open I would recommend hence my early suggestion about joining her for CP.Than
Thanks for your reply,

I think I’m only left with one option which is your first suggestion.

what do you think will happen if we don’t unlock the DS260 and just add the newborn using add applicant button. Since the baby was born after the principal selectee submitted her DS260?

I’m just trying to not get a new submission date which will delay receiving the DR.

Thanks for your reply,

I think I’m only left with one option which is your first suggestion.

what do you think will happen if we don’t unlock the DS260 and just add the newborn using add applicant button. Since the baby was born after the principal selectee submitted her DS260?

I’m just trying to not get a new submission date which will delay receiving the DR.
Again if your child is already a USC, you shouldn’t be creating or submitting a DS260 for them which is what happens when you use the add the applicant button. In addition the information on your DS260 wouldn’t be correct.

Your CN is not in the low range and you submitted your DS260 in August, it’s not like your CN is already current or that KCC has already processed your DS260, so I don’t get what the hesitation is about. This is an instance where I’ll say better late than being denied for proceeding with inaccurate information.

Again if your child is already a USC, you shouldn’t be creating or submitting a DS260 for them which is what happens when you use the add the applicant button. In addition the information on your DS260 wouldn’t be correct.

Your CN is not in the low range and you submitted your DS260 in August, it’s not like your CN is already current or that KCC has already processed your DS260, so I don’t get what the hesitation is about. This is an instance where I’ll say better late than being denied for proceeding with inaccurate information.
KCC is now sending DR emails according to DS submission date, First in first out. They are no longer work based on CN as they used before. Therefore, if I unlock the ds and correct the info then resubmit it, that will give me a new submission date which will be in December instead of my current submission date which in August.
This will decrease my chances of receiving the DR email.

You think I was not aware of the order in which KCC is processing the DS260 forms this year before I wrote all that I did above? It’s fair to say I’m done telling you what to do at this point, go ahead and do what you feel is relevant for you. Your case, your call on what to do.

You think I was not aware of the order in which KCC is processing the DS260 forms this year before I wrote all that I did above? It’s fair to say I’m done telling you what to do at this point, go ahead and do what you feel is relevant for you. Your case, your call on what to do.
Sorry didn’t mean to that you are not aware of the info I said, I was just clarifying the reason behind me leaving the DS unlock as a last resort. Thanks for being patient. I appreciate your help!