Complex situation on "Adoption" and "Green Card"

sanjeev_Ja

Greetings,

We (Myself&wife) had left USA for a good in last year end to adopt a baby after giving "finger prints" in last phase of green card process.

We have adopted a baby within 3 months and been employed with reputed multi-national.

Now my friend has informed me that our I485 has been approved.

I am not sure on how to handle this issue, considering following facts:

1. I have adopted baby
2. I am out of USA and no longer employed with previous emplyer that had filed the petition

Ideal requirement is, We all three (including) adopted baby would like to have Green Card.

Requesting your thoughts / suggestions to make best out of this situation.

Thanks
Sanjeev

was this employment or family based green card?

if this was family relationship based green card, you only have to change your address to forward the I-130 and packet to the US Embassy nearest you for coordinating your admission as an immigrant.

If the interview is based on an employment based green card, since you no longer work for that employer, you are not eligible. you shouel send an informational letter to the office that has the applications, to preserve your options for future visas with your present employer if they need to transfer you to the USA. copy of passport pages demonstrating your trip outside the US and something indicating your present employment situation (pay stub, etc.) would serve as sufficient documentation.