Complex citizenship application because of study abroad for ~20 months

Hi All

Just want to share the news that after 17+ years in this country, I can call myself a US citizen!!

I was a bit worried about my application due to a DWI I had in 1997. After the DWI, I had done all that the law required in terms of paying fines, etc. And also because I was out of the country for a significant period of time in the 5 years following getting my green card (this was to do my MBA). However, the interview was a breeze. It took 5 mins and the IO was VERY nice. She only asked for the court disposition paper for my DWI case, which I had ready with me. Nothing else. No questions about my stay abroad.

My dates are as follows: (CHICAGO district office)
Application sent: 01/03/2012
Application received: 01/06/2012
Fingerprints done: 02/03/2012
Interview letter received: 03/03/2012
Interview date: 04/11/2012
Oath letter received: 04/11/2012 (same day as interview)
(I was given oath date of 04/27/2012 in a suburb of Chicago, but i requested if I can go for the oath ceremony on 04/13/2012 in downtown Chicago. And they took it back and changed the date to 04/13/2012)
Oath ceremony: 04/13/2012
Received citizenship certificate: 04/13/2012

Good luck to everyone. Hang in there.

Best regards

Congratulations

Congratulations!

Have you listed all the residences you have in the past 5 years or just your brother's address only?

Have you listed all your schools including Europe in the past 5 years?

Thanks.

Congratulations!

Have you listed all the residences you have in the past 5 years or just your brother's address only?

Have you listed all your schools including Europe in the past 5 years?

Thanks.

I only listed my residences in the US, i.e. the addresses I had submitted to USCIS visa address change forms. This also included my brother's address but did not include any foreign addresses.

Yes, I did list my school in Europe.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Was your time out of US right before your N-400 application? If yes, did IO ask you about where you live while out of US?

I only listed my residences in the US, i.e. the addresses I had submitted to USCIS visa address change forms. This also included my brother's address but did not include any foreign addresses.

Yes, I did list my school in Europe.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Was your time out of US right before your N-400 application? If yes, did IO ask you about where you live while out of US?

The series of trips is listed at the top of this thread. There may have been more trips since that post was made, but it appears the long trips ended in 2010.