Completed Registration

shriyaz

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I completed my registration today, although I feel I was not required to register since I am an Indian Citizen born in Bahrain, but I guess the INS officer decided to register anyways.

The INS office in Question is in Newark, NJ

My I-94 and Visa page now has the FIN #

My next question is:

1. What happens when I exit out of the country?
2. Would I be subject to special registration each time I enter the
US
3. Would I have more problems in the future to re-enter the
United States.

Please help by answering the questions above since I am planning on a trip to India in the next two weeks. If anyone come back to the US after the special registration and can share his/her experience that would be really very very helpful

Thanks

You did something very stupid

There was no need for you to register. It is paranoid people like you whio will get countries like India, Sri Lanka quickly to the INS list.

Your question was what are exit and entry requirements, for you since you registered. Why didn't you ask the Officer who registered you. Are you dumb ??

I bet you have to register regularly from now on with the INS and follow all the rules which applies to the countries in the Group1 to 3 categories. I would advise you to check www.ins.gov.

I am wondering who advised you to register ??

TPK

TPK,

It seems more like you are paranoid. If I have nothing to hide why should I not register, specially since I have always been clean in my visa status.

Now, whether India comes in the list or not, it is up to the attorney general. I am sure he was not waiting for me to register to ADD India to the list.

Also the advise was given to me by AILA and several reputed lawyers in an email format:

The lawyers include: Cyrus mehta & Sheela murthy

When I went up to the interview, I categorically asked the INS office, DO I have to register? His reply was:

It is a Good thing you came today (since it was the last day), or else I could have been subjected to fine, arrest, detention and possible deportation.

Now, If I am subject o an annual registration then so be it. If it is the law I will follow it.

Just so you know, u little ignorant fool the INS officer told me that they have had 500 such registrations similar to my case. (Indian citizen, born in other countries)

Shirayaz

It appears that you asked the officer a lot of questions. What amazes me is that you did not ask him/her the most important questionS anybody in your position would have asked. They are:
1. What is the annual registeration procedure in my case ?
2. If I have to register annually do I do it before my registeration date? And how soon before the date I could REGISTER
2. Do I have to depart from certain POE when I leave the country?
3. Can I enter from any POE ?
4. If confronted by Justice depts officials on the street asking for proof of registeration, will a photocopy of my I-94/passport or whatever be sufficient.
NO SIR, you asked none of these questions. Intead you posted your questions on this board. I wonder why that is ????

Here is what I believe. You shat in your pants during registeration. You were tongue tied and thought if you asked too may questions you would be in trouble.
I don't need help. You do. STOP BEING AFRAID....

TPK

TPK,

WOW! you took sometime to formulate the reply. Anyways the answers to most of the questions is already on my responses above or is General knowledge by now

You sound like a communal Nazi :) Talk to a shrink and get a LIFE! Remeber you intiated the provocation not me

Shriyaz,

You still haven't answered the question " Why did you not ask the INS officer these questions?" and instead posted them to the board.

"Communal Nazi?" Where did that come from?

TPK

Shriyaz,

You still haven't answered the question " Why did you not ask the INS officer these questions?" and instead posted them to the board.

"Communal Nazi?" Where did that come from?

TPK

TPK

I think you are in a similar situation, India (or a srilankan citizen) born in one of the call in countries

Isn't it?

Hi Shriyaz,

I just wanted some clarifications, as it seems that you have done alot of research on this.

1. I am an Indian Citizen and born in UAE. Do I have to register if I come to US on a B1/B2 visit visa?

2. Did all of the 500 Indians born not in India have to register? As only people born in Gulf countries do not have a right to citizenship.

3. What did the Attorneys tell you, was it a choice or a compulsion?

Thanks
Raj

Shriyaz,

Sorry to disappoint you. I was NOT born in one of the call countries. Also I am a PR, so, this does not really affect me.

TPK

245(i)+I-485 Pending+Registration

I've over stayed my F-1, but took advantage of 245(i) before April 30, 2001. Now I have the following:

Labor Cert.
I-140 Approved.
EAC valid until Sep 2003
I-485 FP Done Oct 2002
I-485 Pending (Receipt Date Aug 2002)

Any ideas on my situation guys?