Company merged. 485 > 5 months, 140 approved

VML

Guys,

New year has kicked off with some unwarranted worries.

I have an approved 140, 485 is out there for 5 months (< 180), fp done, priority date is March-2000. I hear now that my company is going to be merged with a bigger company. I dug into the archives and found that it everything should go as before but wanted to get some feedback from guys who had been/are in this situation.

It would be helpful if you could answer the following 2 questions
1) Is it required for the new company yo send an amendment for the pending 485. ?

2) With this situation, can i still be eligible for AC21 after i pass the 180 days mark ? I hope USCIS does not come chasing with the point that since the company was merger before the 180 day mark, i cannot use the AC21 route.

your suggestions/comments will sure help me.thanks in advance.

GBA

godblessall said:
Guys,

New year has kicked off with some unwarranted worries.

I have an approved 140, 485 is out there for 5 months (< 180), fp done, priority date is March-2000. I hear now that my company is going to be merged with a bigger company. I dug into the archives and found that it everything should go as before but wanted to get some feedback from guys who had been/are in this situation.

It would be helpful if you could answer the following 2 questions
1) Is it required for the new company yo send an amendment for the pending 485. ? I140 has already been approved. It is irrelevant to inform about company's current status

2) With this situation, can i still be eligible for AC21 after i pass the 180 days mark ? I hope USCIS does not come chasing with the point that since the company was merger before the 180 day mark, i cannot use the AC21 route.
After 180 days, you will be perfectly fine with invoking AC21. It will be safe to wait completion of 180 days, however, there is no problem with your current status.
your suggestions/comments will sure help me.thanks in advance.

GBA
Seek other's opinions in this connection.