Combination EAD and AP card!

DesiG

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I don't know if this is old news to folks in the forums, but it was new to me, so I though I would share.

I just received the approvals of my AP and EAD (filed together), and this time around, they send me a "combo" card, where the EAD acts like the AP. Its valid for 2 years, which is cool. Its just like the "regular" EAD, except its got words to the effect "I512-endorsement" on it. Pretty cool, I think. Almost like a green card, except with an expiration date, and lots of uncertainty included!

Timeline, for those who are interested:
EAD and AP sent: 30 May FedEx
FedEx receipt: 01 June
RD: 03 June
Approved: 25 July
Card Received: 30 July.

Thanks!

AP which you got with EAD is also valid for 2 Years?
Usually when you apply for AP alone you get 1 year validity. I recently got my EAD. I was not aware that you get AP also for 2 years. I would have applied AP and EAD together.

Well, it was strange. The accompanying letter said the AP is valid for 1 year. But the EAD expiration is two year from now, - the document (the EAD card) is valid for 2 years, and the words are in the card (that it is a travel document endorsement).

I am not sure if the AP is valid for 2 years as well, or if the AP part of it expires while the EAD is valid (and I get stuck at the border! :) I guess next year (if I am still in limbo-land) I will call up and ask.