CO issued 221 g for US spouse visa

mahendra_1207

Registered Users (C)
Hi all....

Need your help...i had my interview on 17th June 2009 at mumbai consulate. I was there for 8 hours and they took my interview three time and one interivew was taken by investigor officer. At the end of interview they gave white form 221g and advice me that i need joint sponsor. They asked me to get supporting documents and submit along with passport to VFS office and once they will receive that document, they will issue me a visa....i m worried that after i submit joint sponsor documents to them...whether they will issue me visa or put my case under adminstration process as it had happened with many people......plz advice....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hii....

i m concern that once i submit the documents...will they issue me visa or put my case under adminstration process......

Administrative processing

My understanding is missing documents and administrative review may or may not be totally independent -- once missing documents are submitted and the consulate is not satisfied, could it potentially lead to an administrative review? And if it is not a review but still under AP............who knows when they will touch your case. The AP time could range from a few days to a few years..........its anyone's guess. The same is true for admn review probably?

I am no expert but I am just going by the wide range of processing times that people have been experiencing in these forums. Once you get into AP/review, you fall off the normal/standard procedure...................from then on the consulate is not under any time pressure to clear the case. Is that the general impression from your experience??

AR usually refers to when the consulate requires some sort of approval, usually related to one's background check, from any of the various agencies in DC. AR may also refer to when the consulate reckons that USCIS approved some petition in errors and wants a second look.

could it potentially lead to an administrative review?

What my question is....? is there any hope that after submiting joint sponsor document will they issue me visa or not? i know they can put me under AR/AP but i want to is there any chance that they will issue me visa without AR/AP bcos consular offier advice me that once i will submit joint sponsor documents to VFS and once they receive at US embassey Mumbai, they will issue me a visa and she asked me submit my passort along with joint sponsor documents.....plz adv.............

Mahendra 1207,
Just a general comment.................Absolutely, you should hope for getting the visa. As far as guarantees go, I don't think there could be any. My case is in limbo as well but I am hopeful......... its just the delay that is hard to deal with. I know you are looking for a definite answer but take it for whatever its worth.
Good luck.
-----------------------
Triple Citizen,
Thanks for the clarification. It is very helpful.

You really need to learn how to wait. Keep your cool and stay positive.

What my question is....? is there any hope that after submiting joint sponsor document will they issue me visa or not? i know they can put me under AR/AP but i want to is there any chance that they will issue me visa without AR/AP bcos consular offier advice me that once i will submit joint sponsor documents to VFS and once they receive at US embassey Mumbai, they will issue me a visa and she asked me submit my passort along with joint sponsor documents.....plz adv.............

i know my realtionship is geniue...its not a fraud marraige...i pray to God that he will bless me and my wife together....plz pray for me guys...

hiiiiiiiii

Please let me know if it will create any problem with AOS i have submitted....by the way i got yellow package along with my visa which i have to submit to immigration officer at airport. It says that i m not suppose to open that package but on the top left corner of the package its open by side and stapled with instruction page on it and i can see my pic stapled with some forms inside the package....will it create any problem....waiting for your reply

Just hand that envelope as it is when you enter the US.

Please let me know if it will create any problem with AOS i have submitted....by the way i got yellow package along with my visa which i have to submit to immigration officer at airport. It says that i m not suppose to open that package but on the top left corner of the package its open by side and stapled with instruction page on it and i can see my pic stapled with some forms inside the package....will it create any problem....waiting for your reply

hiiiiiiiiiii

i was concern about that open part...do u have any idea that everyone gets the same packet with corner open...plz advice and plz let me know if my AOS will create any problem as u said good luck with your AOS....

Thanks alot for your help

hiiiiiiiiiiiii

thanks alot for your help. I was afraid about the open part. i thought they will denied my entry to USA. I am sorry i didn't know the meaning of AOS i thought AOS is affidative of support but now i know that it is adjustment of status...thanks alot for your help. I really appreciate your help. May God bless u and your family....i hope you said yes for eveyone get envelop with one of the corner open....