Cleveland, OH - Interview experience

mpotturi

Registered Users (C)
My appointment was at 1:40pm and I showed up at 1:00pm, put the interview letter in the tray just outside the door and waited. With in few minutes, the folks that were already inside have started coming out with each carrying the N652 form. I noticed about 7 or 8 cases and all of them had passed the test and the check was in the box that said 'a decision can not be made at this time'. I was called in at 1:30pm itself and was asked to swear to tell the truth in the interview and I did. The officer was a very young girl and very professional and courteous. On top of everything else, she was very fast moving. She asked me to take out my passport and GC and I did. Then she went over the application and made an addition (I was unemployed when I filed N-400 back in Aug 05 and now employed) in the employment history table. She asked me to sign the application at two places on the last page and had me write my full name on the same page. Then she asked me to write a simple sentence - You drink too much coffee. Then she took out a sheet with questions and a sentence at the bottom for me to read. I read the sentence and then she took the paper and started asking questions. I gout the first six questions correct and she stopped right there. She gave me my GC and passport back and handed me the N652 (Interview result) form. She told me I am done and am all set unless something shows up in the background check. I asked her how long it is going to take to complete the backgroung check. She answered saying that it is done by another agency and usually takes couple of months. All this transaction took just 7 minutes and I was out by 1:38. BTW, my N652 also said that a decision can not be made at this time. No surprise there.

Now some finer points:

I mentioned 3 parking and 2 traffic violations on my application and NSC has sent me a letter saying that I need to furnish all the documentation regarding my arrest. From that letter, I understood that it was just an automatically produced document and I did not worry much about it. In the interview, the officer asked me if there were any issues/citations OTHER than those parking and traffic stuff. I said no. I went prepared with all the dispositions for my cases and she did not even ask for them. From what I have noticed, they are only looking for any arrests/charges/convictions and not the traffic/parking related citations. However, one should report them as it would be treated as supression of facts if not reported.

My question to the folks that have interviewed at Cleveland: How long after the interview did you get your oath letter? Appreciate your responses.