Clarification With Regards To 1 Year Out of the country rule?

vikpai

Hello All,

I would appreciate a clarification with regards to my situation, as it relates to being out of the country for a period of one year, after completion of six years on the H1B visa.

I recently completed working in the United States for six years on the H1B visa, and left the country on August 31, 2010, one month prior to the scheduled expiry of my H1B visa (September 30, 2010).

I am currently in the process of applying to graduate schools for a Master of Science program, for the academic term starting Fall 2011, all of which are scheduled to start on August 26, 2011. Since my graduate programs begin five days prior to the completion of my one year period out of the United States, I realize I will have to be back in the United States anywhere between two weeks to five days prior to the completion of the one year period.

**How does my returning to the United States, two weeks prior to the completion of my one year term outside the United States, affect my future prospects (after completion of my Masters) of attaining a new H1B visa?

**Does the one year period have to be 365 consecutive days spent outside the United States or can the 1 year period be broken up into segments such as maybe 11 consecutive months and 1 month after completion of the first semester of my Master of Science program.

I would sincerely appreciate some expert legal guidance on this matter. Thank you all for reading my post, look forward to your replys.

Regards
:confused: