Citizenship problems ?

ravi kat

Registered Users (C)
I obtained my PR recently. And as many of you here may know there's been a lot of discussion about possible consequences of changing the job after GC. So I wanted to find out from people who’ve been thro the process. Has anyone faced any problems due to an “early job change” ? Has a question every been asked about this aspect in citizenship interviews ?

Can you please, post any links to these messages ?
I've searched this forum as well as some others. And I have'nt found any posts that mentions anything about ppl being asked about employment history in their Citizenship process. I've also consulted a few of my friends who've gone thro this process and have found no indication that UCIS even bothers about the employment history.
Thanks

Ok. After posting the message above I looked thro about 80 pages in this forum and found some messages with similar questions. None of them seem to be from ppl who have had first hand experience where CIS has created a problem or even enquired about the employment history.
I am aware of the law and the "rule of thumb". But I request anyone who've obtained their citizenship or who are going the process of citizenship and from who the CIS has enquired about employment history

I've searched those forums too and found a couple of links someone ( maybe you ) poster there. None of these were of first-hand experience.
As you can see in the many posts, many applicants want to leave the present employment. I am sure that many , if not most , of GC beneficiaries would've left the sponsoring employers and many of them would've gone on to get their citizenship. I am hoping that these ppl can post their experience in regards to these employment issues.
Thanks

Hey Ravi Kat

If not in this forum - give a try searching on Google groups - this will link you to other forums such as british expats or the alt.visa.us or misc.immigration.usa newsgroups...

Good luck!

Ratrat

Can anyone help--My Green card just expired

My Green card just expired this year (March 27,2005).
My goal is to become a US Citizen. My question is the following:

Must I apply for a new Green card, before proceeding toward's my US Citizenship.

Since my Green card just expired (March 27th), is there a grace period (window) in which I will not be penalized, and have my Green card current.