Citizenship interview questions re employment with GC Sponsor

EB3India2002

I am planning to apply for N-400/Citizenship but concerned about my case.

1. Worked for Company H that held my H1
2. GC application filed by Company G
3. In 2-3 months I got my 140 approved and EAD and AP
4. Switched to Company G immediately once I got my EAD (abandoned H1)
5. After working for 1+ yr with GC sponsor and while I-485 was pending, I switched jobs a couple of times but in the same tech field.

#5 was based on AC21 (I-485 pending for over 180 days) but there were no forms filled if I recall right.

Never worked for Company G again and GC was approved about 6 years ago after pending for 8 years.

What pitfalls await for me in the citizenship interview?

Depends on the IO, it will most likely come up, but may not.

This can cause issues and there are lots of forum posts on this, I suggest reading up on them.

It came up for me, i.e. not working for my GC sponsoring company, but unlike you I didn't have as many hops around. If I were you, I wouldn't go out of my way to highlight the various companies and ONLY disclose that when asked, but give the impression or only talk about the GC sponsoring company and the one you were at when the GC was approved, let the IO assume there is only 2, but like I said, if asked, disclose.

If you have a good reasons, it shouldn't be an issue (but still can be, depends on IO)

In my case, I stated (didn't have to show proof), that my GC sponsoring company was acquired and laid us off and I was on an EAD which allowed me to "port" my application to the new company. I stated, but did not have to prove, that I was in the exact same job classification as my original GC application and initial visa. The IO told me in my interview that he would have to review this with the supervisor and could not adjudicate at the time. 1 week later the system updated from "review" to approved.

By the way, I was worried about this and another issue I had, so I had my wife and adult daughter go through the process 1st, then put my other 2 adult children through the process, and they all got their citizenship (dependent on my application) My employment status came up when my wife interviewed and she called me from the IO office and I faxed through an explanation. Fast forward to my interview, when asked about my employment situation, I explained it, but the IO didn't seem to know what an EAD was (they do mostly family based where I am) and after explaining it, I showed him the original fax for my wife's application, and he said, oh, it explains it all right here. He then asked if my wife was approved and said yes, and that seemed to turn the tide. But clearly my file was flagged for this question and they had some issue around it.