Citizenship for Father

Lkj672002

I ama naturalized citizen since 08 . I am wanting to bring my elderly father over , my fathers father was born in USA but my father never did anything with it , would he be able to get citizenship on his fathers merit , we have his birth certificate?

Citizenship is not always passed on automatically (unless person is born in USA which presumably your father wasn’t). You (or more correctly, your father) would need to prove that your grandfather met the residence requirements to pass on citizenship to your father. I’m not sure if that proof would need to meet the current requirements, or what they were at the time your father was born. Suggest you contact uscis or embassy in your home country to ask that question.
If you cannot provide such proof, seeing as you are a citizen you can sponsor your father via an IR5 petition.

I ama naturalized citizen since 08 . I am wanting to bring my elderly father over , my fathers father was born in USA but my father never did anything with it , would he be able to get citizenship on his fathers merit , we have his birth certificate?
I'm assuming your father was born outside the US? When was your father born? Was your father born in wedlock or out of wedlock? How long did your father's father spend in the US before your father's birth, and at what ages? Was your father's mother not a US national?