Citizenship application time

yahayajp

Registered Users (C)
Citizenship application
Hello my GC shows residence since 1/31/06 and I was
Wondering if I should apply for citizenship this October.or I should rather do it in November!any input from guru's will be appreciated

You will be eligible for naturalization on Nov 1, 2010. However, I would apply on Nov 05, 2010 just because the cases are moving very quick and it is possible you could be scheduled for interview before the 5 years anniversary of your green card, which means even if you pass the history test and found are eligible for naturalization, the IO will have to wait to approve your case after the 5 year anniversary of your GC. This will very disappointing to you, especially if your DO does same day oath for you to wait for couple of days or weeks to be sworn in. Unfortuantely, immigrants wait 5 years to naturalize, but became impatient to wait a week to appear for their swearing-in ceremonies. Moreover, USCIS is raising fees as of Nov 13th, 2010, except for N400 fee, so it is possible they will be swamped by other applications. Can one assume that you didn't have any foreign travels exceeding 6 months at a time, as they have an impact of naturalization process.

You can use the link below to see the calculation using the date of your GC issurance.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=01&d1=31&y1=2006&m2=11&d2=01&y2=2010&ti=on