Children\'s education

you jong choi

am currently working in Korea office of US company and my company is working on my visa for internal transfer to california.I\'m visiting state to prepare livings and also take care of some business with our california office.My kids are here together and enjoying sightseeing.However, one of my kid needs to go to elementary school(1st grade).As my office is only about to start process, he need to wait 2 to 3 months.A friend of mine said that it\'s illegal to send him to school now with B-2 visa and might have disadvantage or penaly if it\'s found out during my visa process.I want to know if my kid go to public school right after my visa document is submitted.As a farther of a kid, it\'s difficult to see him who want to go to school and play with other kids.Await your advice.Regards

No Title

am currently working in Korea office of US company and my company is working on my visa for internal transfer to california.I\'m visiting state to prepare livings and also take care of some business with our california office.My kids are here together and enjoying sightseeing.However, one of my kid needs to go to elementary school(1st grade).As my office is only about to start process, he need to wait 2 to 3 months.A friend of mine said that it\'s illegal to send him to school now with B-2 visa and might have disadvantage or penaly if it\'s found out during my visa process.I want to know if my kid go to public school right after my visa document is submitted.As a farther of a kid, it\'s difficult to see him who want to go to school and play with other kids.Await your advice.Regards

No Title

Thanks for your advice. I also understand my kid can go to school with B-2 visa because the school does not check visa status and they are not supposed to ask visa status. However, I am proceeding L-1 visa now and attorney said that it can be monitored during process, which gives penalty that he can not go to public school for 5 years. I want to avoid this.

If there is no legal issue, I should have put my kid in school.

Can you advice?

Regards,