Children during oath ceremony

nkm-oct23

Registered Users (C)
Are young children allowed to be with their parents during oath ceremony? I think guests are allowed but have separate seating.

Are young children allowed to be with their parents during oath ceremony? I think guests are allowed but have separate seating.

Only if your children are extremely well-behaved.
Not really a good idea to take small children to a ceremony. I've been to oath ceremonies that were extremely annoying due to screaming, out-of-control kids.

So, my advise is to get a baby sitter for a couple of hours.

I took mine and so did a few others. It is supposed to be a celebration with family and how do you do that without kids.
They do not allow food inside though.
The judge was not bothered by the kids.

Seating arrangements are specific to each DO's style of ceremony. The smaller daily in-house ceremonies conducted by places like Baltimore have mixed seating with guests and participants mingling freely, while the larger convention center events usually have separate seating for guests.

Children are allowed in all cases, but obviously they are going to need additional adult supervision.

I took mine and so did a few others. It is supposed to be a celebration with family and how do you do that without kids.
They do not allow food inside though.
The judge was not bothered by the kids.

Food was allowed at my oath ceremony. As a matter of fact, they were selling food there.

Having said that, my wife came to my oath with our 3-yr old and it was HARD. He wouldn't sit still and she ended up spending 90% of the time with him outside the auditorium. For her oath ceremony a month later, we left him with a baby sitter.

Like everyone else's recommendation, only take kids if they are old enough to sit still for a few hours.

Derek

I recall reading about a pregnant woman who went into labor during her oath ceremony last year. (somewhere in Northern California) Fortunately for her, the judge finished the oath ceremony just as the paramedics arrived to take her to the hospital.

I recall reading about a pregnant woman who went into labor during her oath ceremony last year. (somewhere in Northern California) Fortunately for her, the judge finished the oath ceremony just as the paramedics arrived to take her to the hospital.

Oh good, so she got the the free healthcare that is reserved for US citizens... wait... nevermind... :)