1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child born in USA and don't have any India visa till now

Discussion in 'Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Issues' started by Rajesh Vellore, Sep 5, 2017.

  1. Rajesh Vellore

    Rajesh Vellore New Member


    My child born last year December. We never applied visa for him to India. Now my work permit is on extension process. So, I know I can't apply for OCI. (I am not in process of Green card too)

    So, what should be the best way, if we need to go to India on any emergency ? Also if we don't come back immediately may be for years to USA, can I apply OCI from India for my child ?

    Can some one help me with your suggestion ?

  2. cafeconleche

    cafeconleche Registered Users (C)

    You can apply for either OCI or an Entry visa (5 year) for your child. OCI can also be applied for in India later. But, if you have time, get OCI now. Saves money.

    I'm surprised you haven't taken your child to India yet, though :)
    Rajesh Vellore likes this.
  3. Rajesh Vellore

    Rajesh Vellore New Member

    Thanks for the response. It helped :)

Share This Page