Child born abroad to LPR father.

The child would be conceived via ivf with a donor egg and carried to term by a surrogate. LPR father will be the biological dad. My wife is a US citizen. We were planning to do this in Ukraine.

Can the child be brought to the us without a visa ? I think my US citizen wife will be listed on the birth certificate as the mother ( as per the clinic ) but will NOT be the biological mother.


Well-Known Member
She would file an I-130 petition to petition a relative (her child) to immigrate to the US, and then the child would go through Consular Processing to get a US immigrant visa. Yes, it would usually take at least a year until the child gets the immigrant visa.